• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Wetsounds WS 420 BT Bluetooth EQ

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wet-Sounds/314854733223

Per Wetsounds Facebook, shipping soon will be the Wetsounds Bluetooth EQ.

Notice the face is slightly larger than the standard single DIN and has mounting holes which provides an easy and second mounting option.

All the features of the WS420SQ are maintained.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! of course I just bought my non BT version few weeks ago:mad:

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
If you are a customer of Odin with Earmark Marine, I would give him a buzz in a couple of days. He told me he is putting together a consideration plan for his customers who recently purchased the SQ version that will make the upgrade a little easier.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So will this give me the ability to use a device (phone, ipod, etc) to control my music, or does it mean I can wirelessly link with other boats that have this unit?

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@David Analog I just ordered the old version with their bluetooth module. Wet Sounds said it would have the same functionality as the BT version just not integrated. Is that your understanding as well? I wanted the bluetooth module mounted on the dash and the 420 will be mounted below. They told me the new model would start shipping in mid to late April.

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
anyone ready to sell their old 420 now??

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a BT receciever. Music comes from your BT capable music source (iPhone, Android, etc.) sent wirelessly to this EQ. Handy, but not exactly breaking news. What we really need is this to be a BT TRANSMITTER. That would allow wireless BoatLink for two boats. And it looks like a future version of the BT protocol is in the works to support one-to-many audio streaming.

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Think of the new Wet Sounds WS-420BT as a WS-420SQ but with the "brains" of the BT-VC Bluetooth volume control built in. No boat linking, that is still done via the analog cable in the EQ's.

However, with the new WS-420BT you will NOT have the Bluetooth controls on the EQ (like you do with the Bluetooth Volume Control). All control of the Bluetooth device must be done on the device (iPod or phone). Meaning the new EQ does not give you the play/pause, track up/down and volume up/down controls that the BT-VC offers.

So the separate BT-VC does offer control of the iPod or phone without having to touch the phone with wet hands, for those who like to stash the phone away in a safe dry place.

Also, the new Wet Sounds EQ mounts have some options for mounting a BT-VC next to the EQ, so you can get all of the functionality of both devices in a neat installed package.

As of right now the estimated delivery date is mid to late May, but as with all estimates that is subject to change.

If you recently purchased a WS-420SQ from me and want a WS-420BT just send me an email and I'll give you a special deal on the new EQ.

Odin

Last edited:

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok my ignorance is going to show, how do you hook this all up? Between amps and speakers? Between head unit and amps?

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Both the BT-VC and the WS-420BT are sync'd up to your phone like any other Bluetooth device (car stereo, for example). Once the EQ or BT-VC are sync'd you just select the BT device on your phone and hit "play" and you're streaming music into your BT-VC or EQ.

That means you do need amplifiers going to all speakers, because the bluetooth streaming music will come into your system at the pre-amp level in the EQ (after the head unit, if you have one) and before the amplifiers.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Got it. Thanks

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok my ignorance is going to show, how do you hook this all up? Between amps and speakers? Between head unit and amps?
Cory, I can help you with all that if you still need it.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a BT receciever. Music comes from your BT capable music source (iPhone, Android, etc.) sent wirelessly to this EQ. Handy, but not exactly breaking news. What we really need is this to be a BT TRANSMITTER. That would allow wireless BoatLink for two boats. And it looks like a future version of the BT protocol is in the works to support one-to-many audio streaming.
One to many would be awesome! In a wide variety of application!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Earmark Marine thanks for the explanation.

I am going with the WS-420SQ and BT-VC Bluetooth separately so I can have the control over the devices and the Bluetooth control knob mounted on the dash. I will mount the WS-420SQ under the dash I think. I like the PA system built in to talk to people on the tubes or wake boarders when they fall.

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like the BT capability but my iPhone will rarely work all day playing music over bluetooth. I have to plug in anyways so USB hook up works fine for me. On the Clarion CDM7 the transom remote can control the iPod also.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be adding the Blue Tooth Volume Control real soon along with that nice Universal Mounting Kit :winkingthumbsup"

IMG_7373.JPG