• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Wisconsin Law

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just saw on the news this morning they are finally trying to pass a bill that will let you use a mirror instead of a spotter. What do you guys recommend for a mirror?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you have a tower I highly recommend a tower mount. My windshield mount obstructs my view forward and I do not like it.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure which one I got what ever Will from @JetBoatPilot recommend when I bought his ⛵. But for sure one that clamps not suction cups. I don't put it on unless someone is on the tube. I put it on top of windshield so it's in the way of the boat cover.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you have a tower I highly recommend a tower mount. My windshield mount obstructs my view forward and I do not like it.
I do not have a tower.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What tower did you end up putting on your 190 when you had it?
I installed one of those Origin towers which are inexpensive and pretty solid, if everything sits well. I have done two of those before, so I kind of knew what I was getting into. It can be a bit tricky to set up - most important issue being to tighten the top bar very well, last. A bimini fitting in those requires some... serious patience, lol. Overall - great towers for the money.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx190-wakeboard-tower.7569/

upload_2017-5-4_14-40-20.png

upload_2017-5-4_14-41-2.png

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I installed one of those Origin towers which are inexpensive and pretty solid, if everything sits well. I have done two of those before, so I kind of knew what I was getting into. It can be a bit tricky to set up - most important issue being to tighten the top bar very well, last. A bimini fitting in those requires some... serious patience, lol. Overall - great towers for the money.

View attachment 55295

View attachment 55296

--
https://www.monstertower.com/tower-package-of-the-month.html

Any thoughts on this one?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

View attachment 55295

View attachment 55296

--
Alright looking at installing the mirror I noticed they sent me another rubber insert but only one shouldn't there be two? Which inserts did you end up using on your 190? The one I'm thinking I want to use is the thicker flatter one but I only have one. Also the frame of the window is smaller than the opening for the mount how did you address this?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright looking at installing the mirror I noticed they sent me another rubber insert but only one shouldn't there be two? Which inserts did you end up using on your 190? The one I'm thinking I want to use is the thicker flatter one but I only have one. Also the frame of the window is smaller than the opening for the mount how did you address this?
In my 190 I had the mirror mounted on the tower leg, so - if you got it along with the tower they will know the exact dimensions/tower leg diameter. It can be confusing as they often use the inside tube diameter.

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
In my 190 I had the mirror mounted on the tower leg, so - if you got it along with the tower they will know the exact dimensions/tower leg diameter. It can be confusing as they often use the inside tube diameter.

--
Oh I thought you had it mounted on your window.