• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha AR 195 owner

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
just bought a new 2017 AR 195, pick it up in 2 weeks. I have been doing most of my research in the forums and feel confident I will love the boat. I appreciate all The information that is exchanged on here and hope I can contribute once I have a little experience with my boat.

KyleP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great choice I love mine!! Change out that bow roller asap so it doesn’t scratch your new boat

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! What areas do you plan on boating at.’

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome! What areas do you plan on boating at.’
I plan to most of my boating in the Madison Wisconsin area. We do plan to take the boat to Castle Rock lake and the chain of lakes in IL as well.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great choice I love mine!! Change out that bow roller asap so it doesn’t scratch your new boat
I read that, thanks I already ordered and plan to put it on before we launch for the first time.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
just bought a new 2017 AR 195, pick it up in 2 weeks. I have been doing most of my research in the forums and feel confident I will love the boat. I appreciate all The information that is exchanged on here and hope I can contribute once I have a little experience with my boat.
Welcome, let me know if you ever want to meet up (as I am up by Madison). Also check out the gatherings I highly recommend going to Shelbyville, IL in July.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I am chomping at the bit to pickup my boat on Saturday. I have already purchased the bow roller, trailer guide poles, 2nd battery setup, a mount for my Helix 5 GPS, and thinking I'll just go ahead and order my Cobra Vipers because I'll probably want them anyway. So that takes care of my day Saturday, then once I get the boat I need to get a remote for my radio and wait for the weather to get nice enough to hit the water.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of good ideas so I might as well ask, did I miss anything?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I am chomping at the bit to pickup my boat on Saturday. I have already purchased the bow roller, trailer guide poles, 2nd battery setup, a mount for my Helix 5 GPS, and thinking I'll just go ahead and order my Cobra Vipers because I'll probably want them anyway. So that takes care of my day Saturday, then once I get the boat I need to get a remote for my radio and wait for the weather to get nice enough to hit the water.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of good ideas so I might as well ask, did I miss anything?
That's a great looking boat! lol. Your gonna love it! I have 50 hours on mine so she's just gettin' broken in. I'm gonna grab mine out of storage next weekend. It's been a long winter!

You should have the same radio as mine. You can download the app to use your phone as your remote.

Good Luck with your new boat!

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man you do have a nice boat!

How is the radio in them at cruise, I am thinking about upgrading the radio before I even use it just because I'm bored and I can't use the boat yet.

Warm weather where are you?

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm near Philadelphia, PA. First forecast of over 70 degrees coming this weekend. Spring is a little late but its coming.

The stock sound system in these is decent, But you can always make it better. My neighbor sells marine radio products and I plan on putting something on the tower. Either a set of good speakers or a sound bar.

So far the only mod I've done is Seadek in place of the carpet. Also a few things on the trailer; spare wheel, bow roller.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well picked up my boat last Saturday, after about an hour of having my boat home it started snowing. I hate Wisconsin's spring weather. They are calling for about 3 inches more snow tomorrow, at this rate I won't get the boat in the water until Shelbyville.:(

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! These things are so much fun...

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello fellow Wisconsin jet boater, and congrats on the new boat! Hope you got to scratch your itch at least once by now. Trying to get my boat in the water the first time this coming weekend.

We mostly boat in the Lake Country area on Pewaukee, Okauchee, Oconomowoc and Nagawika or at our lake house up on Little Green Lake in central WI. I grew up in Madison though so we also boat that area with my relatives. We love trying new lakes so we're always trailering someplace. These 19 footers are so easy to tow around and get in and out. You're going to love it. Check out this site's member map and don't hesitate to connect to other WI jet boaters--they've helped me out a lot with things like knowing which ramps are good and which suck, and dates/times to avoid certain lakes.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello fellow Wisconsin jet boater, and congrats on the new boat! Hope you got to scratch your itch at least once by now. Trying to get my boat in the water the first time this coming weekend.

We mostly boat in the Lake Country area on Pewaukee, Okauchee, Oconomowoc and Nagawika or at our lake house up on Little Green Lake in central WI. I grew up in Madison though so we also boat that area with my relatives. We love trying new lakes so we're always trailering someplace. These 19 footers are so easy to tow around and get in and out. You're going to love it. Check out this site's member map and don't hesitate to connect to other WI jet boaters--they've helped me out a lot with things like knowing which ramps are good and which suck, and dates/times to avoid certain lakes.
Thanks @Lake_Spray , I did get out last Sunday for about 1.5 hours to start the break-in process. The first 30 min killed me only running a max of 3,500 rpm but then I was able to go to 6,500 on and off and it made my day to feel the thrust it has. I'm definitely going to need to work on my docking abilities, but I just ordered the Cobra Viper setup and hopefully that will help. I took my Dad with and he was impressed in the power it had (He is inboard guy). I just stressed to him that I didn't even open it up yet and he laughed. I plan to go out this weekend and finish my break-in so I can really enjoy the boat.

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Lake_Spray , I did get out last Sunday for about 1.5 hours to start the break-in process. The first 30 min killed me only running a max of 3,500 rpm but then I was able to go to 6,500 on and off and it made my day to feel the thrust it has. I'm definitely going to need to work on my docking abilities, but I just ordered the Cobra Viper setup and hopefully that will help. I took my Dad with and he was impressed in the power it had (He is inboard guy). I just stressed to him that I didn't even open it up yet and he laughed. I plan to go out this weekend and finish my break-in so I can really enjoy the boat.
Aside from occasionally driving my Dad's pontoon boat I was completely new to boating last season, much less jet boats, and felt pretty comfortable after only a couple trips to the lake and several hours of operation. Also have a 16 year old son who I got up to speed by the end of the season and I feel pretty comfortable letting him handle the boat totally on his own under most normal conditions. I added some fins too (the other brand though). I was OK without them but my wife was whining a bit about slow speed handling so... They DO make a difference and will make docking easier. I've felt that anxiety when there's a bit a breeze and you're thinking about the giant scrape you might be putting in your perfect gel coat in a few moments because you misjudged something.

That's a really good looking boat! And you won't regret spending more to get the extra power in the 195. Hope to see you out there this summer!

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'm near Philadelphia, PA. First forecast of over 70 degrees coming this weekend. Spring is a little late but its coming.

The stock sound system in these is decent, But you can always make it better. My neighbor sells marine radio products and I plan on putting something on the tower. Either a set of good speakers or a sound bar.

So far the only mod I've done is Seadek in place of the carpet. Also a few things on the trailer; spare wheel, bow roller.
I'm close to you in Skippack. Had my 2021 195S out twice already. Been going to Beltzville. Where do you go most often? We are planning trips to Wallenpaupack and Havre de Grace for the Summer.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm close to you in Skippack. Had my 2021 195S out twice already. Been going to Beltzville. Where do you go most often? We are planning trips to Wallenpaupack and Havre de Grace for the Summer.
I do most of my boating on Raystown Lake in central PA. We have a cabin about 25 minutes north of the lake. We usually get there for 4-5 long weekends per season.
Beltzville Lake (nice but too small for good wakeboarding)
Wallenpaupack Lake (very busy on weekends)
Blue Marsh Lake (also very busy on weekends and they have a boat limit so you need to get there early)
The Delaware River (a lot of debris/trash in the river, you will need to use that clean out port)
Wildwood Bay (Very shallow at low tide. Need to stay in the channels)
Ocean City MD Bay (Great for boat up to restaurants they are everywhere)
I haven't taken the boat to the Chesapeake yet but would like to on a calm day.

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I do most of my boating on Raystown Lake in central PA. We have a cabin about 25 minutes north of the lake. We usually get there for 4-5 long weekends per season.
Beltzville Lake (nice but too small for good wakeboarding)
Wallenpaupack Lake (very busy on weekends)
Blue Marsh Lake (also very busy on weekends and they have a boat limit so you need to get there early)
The Delaware River (a lot of debris/trash in the river, you will need to use that clean out port)
Wildwood Bay (Very shallow at low tide. Need to stay in the channels)
Ocean City MD Bay (Great for boat up to restaurants they are everywhere)
I haven't taken the boat to the Chesapeake yet but would like to on a calm day.
I've never been to Raystown, is that about 3 hours away? How about Deep Creek? The Upper Chesapeake is my all-time favorite. Beltzville has some decent coves for dropping the anchor to relax.

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've never been to Raystown, is that about 3 hours away? How about Deep Creek? The Upper Chesapeake is my all-time favorite. Beltzville has some decent coves for dropping the anchor to relax.
Yeah it's about 3 hours. Too far for a day trip, but if you can find a place to stay it's well worth the drive. The lake also has camping spots right on the lake that you can tie up to. (If your in to the tent camping) We've rented cabins right on the water before, but they didn't have a dock for the boat.