• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yamaha owner,,,,

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F76CEA75-F0A7-4780-A8EC-E46E430150DF.jpeg A71F6135-21C1-48A7-9E00-E63E8971BD14.png Picked up the boat yesterday and it is awesome. My first time driving a jet, definitely doesn’t track like my other boats especially at slow speed so I will be adding the TV but after I get the hang of it I think it will be much more maneuverable. Already making a list of mods for the summer and look forward to hanging out on this site, y’all have lots of good info.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
welcome to the Yamaha club

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome and nice boat. First rule of docking "don't go any faster than you are willing to hit the dock"
:jimlad:[flag][flag][flag]

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 68693 View attachment 68694 Picked up the boat yesterday and it is awesome. My first time driving a jet, definitely doesn’t track like my other boats especially at slow speed so I will be adding the TV but after I get the hang of it I think it will be much more maneuverable. Already making a list of mods for the summer and look forward to hanging out on this site, y’all have lots of good info.
I would also consider Cobra Ultimates plus MEGA Fangs for steering enhancement.

--

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the Jet Boat community. That looks in excellent condition.
I had the Trust Vectors on my 2005 AR230, but the first mod on the 2013 242LS I just purchased will be the Lateral Thruster Reverse Steering Enhancer from JBP. I actually think with the newer design this will be a more important mod for steering. I might add the TV's later. The Lateral Thruster is on back order, but expected soon.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually build a special system for the twin engine rudder boats it is called the magnum A K system, if you want a boat that will handle all sorts of conditions with really great control not only at idle speeds but at all speeds and if you want to enhance the steering for water sports or for guest operators then there is nothing available at any price that can put you in control of your boat like the magnum A K system.
With this system we add a second tie rod to balance the work load to both nozzles and cables not just one.
I keep the fins up away from the keel having them form a V configuration with the rudder for excellent steering even in an off power situation.
We also have an upgrade called the mega fangs for power steering effect by designing the front of the mega fangs to go forward of the nozzle pivot points , this also improves the reverse control by focusing the thrust when it exits the bottom of the nozzle so you experience improved reverse control and better stopping power when docking or beaching.
The mega fangs also add even more steering effect to the fins without hanging down anywhere near the bottom of the keel .
plus we give you a 30 day money back guarantee . I hold 3 us patents with a fourth pending and I have 15 plus years experience building steering for jet boats and p w c s' . So welcome to the board and hopefully you will gain some valuable knowledge here.
Also the Magnum A K steering system is compatible with the lateral thrusters if you choose to go that route although the mega fangs give you more features and cost about half of what the lateral thrusters sell for and those are guaranteed also like all my steering systems.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! Congrats!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome and congrats on the new boat. She’s a beauty.