• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Yammy

German59731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, picked up a 2021 252s last Friday. I grew up on I/os but this is my first jet boat. The family and I have been out 4 times so far. Really enjoying the boat. I really want to do some tower speakers but retain the stock radio set up. I’ll be exploring that a bit and will let you all know what I come up with. Or if you have a solution I’d love to hear it!

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. I bought the same model and have about 10 hours so far and love it. Time for oil change. Did you get the blue one?

German59731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat. I bought the same model and have about 10 hours so far and love it. Time for oil change. Did you get the blue one?
We did the grey.

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Congrats on the new boat!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats! Pictures to prove you have a boat. We luv boating pics. Thanks and enjoy!

What part of the country are you in?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, picked up a 2021 252s last Friday. I grew up on I/os but this is my first jet boat. The family and I have been out 4 times so far. Really enjoying the boat. I really want to do some tower speakers but retain the stock radio set up. I’ll be exploring that a bit and will let you all know what I come up with. Or if you have a solution I’d love to hear it!
Where is the pictures?

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Congrats on the boat.
The main reason to install tower speakers is to pump sound out to those doing watersports behind the boat. The only way to make it audible to those having fun is to amp up the volume, so if that's your goal you will definitely need decent tower speakers and a solid amp to get the sound out. Lots of threads on the forum about doing that. Have at it.

PS - pics or it didn't happen.
:D

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love the grey, great looking boat.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
:Welcome:
Congrats on the boat.
The main reason to install tower speakers is to pump sound out to those doing watersports behind the boat. The only way to make it audible to those having fun is to amp up the volume, so if that's your goal you will definitely need decent tower speakers and a solid amp to get the sound out. Lots of threads on the forum about doing that. Have at it.

PS - pics or it didn't happen.
Ah, there is another way to make the tower speaker louder without an amp. Turn them around and point them towards the bow. I mounted mine on swivels and that's what I did. But I do agree on the amp. I did both.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ah, there is another way to make the tower speaker louder without an amp. Turn them around and point them towards the bow. I mounted mine on swivels and that's what I did. But I do agree on the amp. I did both.
Sure that works for in-boat use...but it won't be very loud without an amp as the head unit would require series wiring dropping the speaker power in half. Can't see anyone being happy with that anywhere but a very quiet cove while reading a book.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Awesome...everyone is buying up the 252's. I bought a 212 and thought this s*** is way too big. Now I feel like a kayat with all you big boys. Dang

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
25 Footers are like a 4 bedroom house - buy the 4th bedroom even if you don't need it for resale value 😂

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
25 Footers are like a 4 bedroom house - buy the 4th bedroom even if you don't need it for resale value 😂
Pretty difficult to find indoor storage for a 4-bedroom home. Plus, you need damn near a tractor trailer to tow it. I'm happy with my kayak

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
😂 Hardly a kayak.... but yeah I get it - had to upgrade my tow vehicle to pull the 25. Indoor storage I have so no issues there - I am sure the story is different in SF.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

German59731

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
😂 Hardly a kayak.... but yeah I get it - had to upgrade my tow vehicle to pull the 25. Indoor storage I have so no issues there - I am sure the story is different in SF.
Actually tow vehicle does great. Just can’t pass a gas station ha. I’m pretty disappointed with the mileage on my Expedition but it pulls it great!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I live in the Delta region of NorCal. There are thousands of boats that are in slips and indoor storage facilities. There are waiting lists everywhere. I got lucky and found one because someone vacated unexpectedly. I am #40 on a wsiting list for a facility closer to my home. They said no one has come off the eaiting list in 5 years. CA is crazy for storage