• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie here and oh yea, questions coming

JCWDUCK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I’m new to the forums. Been lurking for a while. Upper Savanah river lakes are my home waterways. I look forward to learning the ropes from everyone.
-I just purchased a 2015 Chaparral Vortex 223 VR. Other than jet skis and a couple of duck boats, this is my first “real” boat. I’ll have plenty of questions, but only two for now. The boat has 70 hours. Other than a few minor scratches from docking, the boat seems flawless. I purchased from the original owner and feel that I got a good deal ($23k). Hoping some of you would let me know how I did.
-Also, I’ve searched online for a manual on the touchscreen display, but no luck. I think it’s a Medalion but not sure. Could someone point me in the right direction for a manual. Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome! I have the same boat as you (2017). I love this boat! Lots of fun. Do you have pictures?

Attached is what I have for manuals. Lot of good reading.

Attachments

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, keep us updated on your impressions of the boat,

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome! Ask away, if one person doesn't have the answer, another will.

Rushfan67

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
222S
Boat Length
Welcome! Great bunch of people on this forum always willing to help. You will love it here.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. Let us know if you have any issues or concerns or just questions. As noted, there is a wealth of info. Do a quick search and you'll see. Good luck!

JCWDUCK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Does anyone know where to find the “detailed” manual for the medallion, or any info on the display??

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is what I have. What are you trying to find out?

Attachments

JCWDUCK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Thanks Dean P, I was just wanting some type of instruction manual for the medallion ( I have read where there is a “simple” and a “detailed” manual. The previous owner wasn’t able to tell me much about it. I’ve figured out the “drive mode” portion but wanted to know all the features of the display.

JCWDUCK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
68DAFC18-3EF9-4FB7-A021-574DD63C7E88.jpegI found a Navionics service bulletin online (screenshot of bulletin attached). It stated the original sd card had issues. I followed the instructions to register the card and download updates onto the sd. It seemed to load everything correctly from website onto card. Haven’t pulled boat out of garage to get GPS signal, I’ll post how it goes when I do. Thanks

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry, should have provided this one. This should help.

Attachments

JCWDUCK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
That does help Dean P. I’m pretty sure my display is the 6.5” viper 1 if that matters. Gonna pull boat out today and play around with display.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It does matter which viper unit you have as the pictures will look different. But they basically operate the same. I have the Viper 2. Good luck and have fun with it.