• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Newbie in PA

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all...

I am Lee...new to jet boats, not to boating....previously had a sea ray bowrider, just traded for 2017 sx210...3 kids and a wife and can't wait for the summer and a learning curve!!

Hope to talk to you all soon

Last edited:

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all...

I am Lee...new to jet boats, not to boating....previously had a sears bowlder just traded for 2017 sx210...3 kids and a wife and can't wait for the summer and a learning curve!!

Welcome aboard. Youll love that SX210. Learning curve aint that bad. Just remember no power no stearing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7 Welcome and congrats!
Those TR-1 engines should be pretty sweet and are supposed to be very efficient, too, which would give a great range.
Not a lot of first hand reports available, so hopefully you will contribute! boattest published some reviews of the new 21ft Yammies and TR-1s but they managed to mix up all the data between different models pretty badly, so those reviews are worthless.

--

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@LeeFlan7 Welcome! Where are you....if you add your location (doesn't need to be specific) folks in your area will be able to give you local assistance too.

The new 21' line up is sweet! Post up some photos when you have them!

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I'm looking forward to trying out the engines (tr1), I saw what boattest did with the review, not great, but who cares!!
Im in Bucks County, for the summer I'm at D&S Marina in the Tullytown cove and spend most of my free time on the Delaware river between Trenton and Philly...ill get some photos up as soon as the season opens!
If there is anyone on this forum locally please let me know...can never have enough friends.

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the board!
I'm from PA as well - but I had to look up where you're from. Never heard of Tullytown Cove. I'm from the Harrisburg area.
Enjoy your new boat!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah I'm looking forward to trying out the engines (tr1), I saw what boattest did with the review, not great, but who cares!!
Im in Bucks County, for the summer I'm at D&S Marina in the Tullytown cove and spend most of my free time on the Delaware river between Trenton and Philly...ill get some photos up as soon as the season opens!
If there is anyone on this forum locally please let me know...can never have enough friends.
I'm from upper Bucks Co. but I work in lower Bucks and will be boating in the Delaware River often. I put in at Neshaminy Marina. You'll love your new boat. I've only been out 3 times so far on mine and I'm still going through withdraw! Spring can't come quick enough!

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome . I'm from Schuylkill Haven and usually go to Blue Marsh in Berks County.

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
nice to meet you all and thanks for the warm welcome....i can't wait to get the new boat in the water

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome, @LeeFlan7 ! Wife is from Philly and we did a hitch in Hershey. Of course, now we are down here where it is, um, warmer. Let us know if you need help with anything and welcome to the club!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome . I'm from Schuylkill Haven and usually go to Blue Marsh in Berks County.
I was on Blue Marsh Lake in October for the first time and had the lake to myself. Wondering how crowded it gets on a hot summer day.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, Chester county resident, down by de,md boatder. Boat out of a marina on the Elk River, maybe someday I'll make it past the chesapeake inn and into the delaware river. ;)

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was on Blue Marsh Lake in October for the first time and had the lake to myself. Wondering how crowded it gets on a hot summer day.
During the week is not bad at all and the early evenings are good.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @LeeFlan7 and congrats on the new boat.

Mike Dumigan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome, from PA as well, just south of Philadelphia. We go out on the Delaware occasionally from Ridley marina, but mainly trailer to Northeast, MD (45 minute ride) and hit the upper Chesapeake.
Used to go to Blue Marsh a lot when I was younger, but it is very crowded on the weekends during the summer. Maybe we will see you out on the Delaware.

Bryan L

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just moved out here from North Wilmington. Spent a lot of summers along the Chesapeake. One of these years I plan to trailer mine back for a long summer break.

Hi all...

I am Lee...new to jet boats, not to boating....previously had a sea ray bowrider, just traded for 2017 sx210...3 kids and a wife and can't wait for the summer and a learning curve!!

My first time piloting a jetboat was our boat last summer and I was tested right away. Shoved off from a crowded dock and had to immediately rotate the boat on center to get the inlet. Having twin motors is a blessing! There are lots of things to like about jets, one thing in particular is the direct drive. Opening and closing the gates is so much more smooth and effective than pounding on the drive linkage of a stern drive. The hardest part was getting though the channel. It was a little breezy and it took me a while to get used to the responsiveness of the boat. I was over-correcting and "swatting flies" for the first 100 yds. Got a good chuckle from my family.

Essentially, I found the boat to be more responsive than what I had expected. I since added the Cobra Jet Steering plates and fangs to my '16 242 and it made a substantial difference. I can reasonably say it is comparable to the stern drives I grew up around. Your learning curve will be shorter than you think. You could always find some open water and toss a floating cushion over board and practice maneuvers around it. Good luck!

You are going to be amazed! Enjoy!!