• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

~ Newbie to the forum ~

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thank you for the add. I hope to contribute and also enjoy gaining education about a love we all have in common. Boating... I have a 2017 242 X E-Series with currently 29 hours on each engine. A recent upgrade to me from my AR190. Just purchased today the Cobra steering system with fangs. I had a challenging time deciding between the two options. Cobra or JetBoatPilot. After much research. For me, I decided on the Cobras. I am in Utah. 1.1.jpg1.jpg11.jpg12.jpg20.jpg20211119_120432.jpg20211119_120444.jpg

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome::Welcome::Welcome: NICE LOOKING BOAT! LOVE THE TOW RIG..

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thank you for the add. I hope to contribute and also enjoy gaining education about a love we all have in common. Boating... I have a 2017 242 X E-Series with currently 29 hours on each engine. A recent upgrade to me from my AR190. Just purchased today the Cobra steering system with fangs. I had a challenging time deciding between the two options. Cobra or JetBoatPilot. After much research. For me, I decided on the Cobras. I am in Utah. View attachment 169373View attachment 169369View attachment 169370View attachment 169371View attachment 169372View attachment 169376View attachment 169377
Are you happy with the rock deflectors? I was going to install those.

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you happy with the rock deflectors? I was going to install those.
The Rock Tamers are the only way to go when towing a boat or trailer. I noticed on my trailer I had little rock chips after those tires. My tires are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they throw up plenty of road grime. If you notice when not towing I do have the stock oem mud flaps too. I know having both when towing look silly but my stuff is protected. I don't want to ruin my boat with rock chips. I have seen really bad damaged boats without them. I highly recommend them.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The Rock Tamers are the only way to go when towing a boat or trailer. I noticed on my trailer I had little rock chips after those tires. My tires are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and they throw up plenty of road grime. If you notice when not towing I do have the stock oem mud flaps too. I know having both when towing look silly but my stuff is protected. I don't want to ruin my boat with rock chips. I have seen really bad damaged boats without them. I highly recommend them.
I have a newer Ford Explorer (RWD) (4WD) and one of the reservoirs we go to has a gravel road for about 4 miles, so I was thinking these would be good. I know they can rock a little bit, but like the setup. Thanks.

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a newer Ford Explorer (RWD) (4WD) and one of the reservoirs we go to has a gravel road for about 4 miles, so I was thinking these would be good. I know they can rock a little bit, but like the setup. Thanks.
Yes get them. You will be thankful. Especially when towing your boat, protecting that gel coat.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice "little" upgrade from the 190. Sweet Ride.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice "little" upgrade from the 190. Sweet Ride.
I considered the 212X. But then I thought once I got that one I may have wanted bigger. Again the old saying. Buy your 2nd boat first... I should have listened. Vs buy your 3rd boat first. So I did the 24ft vs the 21.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Sweet looking boat. My engines max out at around 7500 RPM. Per your picture, I see yours get to 8000 :)

DonJohnsMusic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Welcome to the Forum! Great people here and very knowledgeable about a lot of things! Nice boat! Have fun on the water and be safe!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome welcome...Love that Blue. Now you better put some hours on those engines...29hrs is just a tease LOL.

Great Forum with amazing advice and help. But beware...the longer you stay on here the more mods you'll end up doing 😂

Shaddow350

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome welcome...Love that Blue. Now you better put some hours on those engines...29hrs is just a tease LOL.

Great Forum with amazing advice and help. But beware...the longer you stay on here the more mods you'll end up doing 😂
This was an upgrade from my AR190. I found a low low hour boat and grabbed it. I already have the Cobra steering coming in the mail now and so far that is about it.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
:Welcome::Welcome::Welcome: Great looking boat!