• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Nice January ride today

Also saw this guy going for a swim, I thought it was a deer at first, then I got closer.

My first thought to say was .... you, but than I came to realize that I am really happy that some of our fellow jet boaters can boat all year long. I try not to be jealous of anyone, but must say I am a little envious. Thanks for posting pics. Edited to add: That smile tells a big story.

Last edited:
Who is jealous??? This guy right here!!

Thanks for sharing though.

That's just mean...very mean!! But would be doing the same if I had the chance!!

Man @Wayloncle that's awesome. Wish I wasn't stuck at work. Great day.

And how about the fact you could be on Shell Island, thinking you're all alone, and then a flipping coyote runs by you!

Damn, I thought I was doing good last weekend because I was able to grill without standing in snow and not all bundled up in coveralls...LOL

Good for you man...If I wasn't so damn responsible, I would have been right here with you.

It was a perfect day for a ride! Not very often have I been able to leave the marina and put the throttles wide open all the way through the pass and on into the gulf. Except when I slowed down and followed the coyote.

I haven't went to work since the middle of September, that's when my terminal leave started from Retiring from the Air Force. I start a new job on 2 Feb, so I figured I'd take advantage of today.
This was the longest my boat has went unused since I've had it, about 2 months.

I don't know why that coyote decided to swim to the island, hopefully that little lake on there is fresh water for it. That's a long swim for an animal, especially with the current going through the pass and some clown in a YJB messing with it:-)

It was a perfect day for a ride! Not very often have I been able to leave the marina and put the throttles wide open all the way through the pass and on into the gulf. Except when I slowed down and followed the coyote.

I haven't went to work since the middle of September, that's when my terminal leave started from Retiring from the Air Force. I start a new job on 2 Feb, so I figured I'd take advantage of today.
This was the longest my boat has went unused since I've had it, about 2 months.

I don't know why that coyote decided to swim to the island, hopefully that little lake on there is fresh water for it. That's a long swim for an animal, especially with the current going through the pass and some clown in a YJB messing with it:)

I wouldn't be too worried about that coyote, they are a nuisance animal with no natural predator in this area. They are overpopulated and decimate the wild game. Small animals and young deer are all being brought down in numbers by them. There is open hunting on them in florida year round with no limit. Just like wild Hog you can take as many as you can. Sorry, but I was hoping the current would take him out into the gulf!

I wouldn't be too worried about that coyote, they are a nuisance animal with no natural predator in this area. They are overpopulated and decimate the wild game. Small animals and young deer are all being brought down in numbers by them. There is open hunting on them in florida year round with no limit. Just like wild Hog you can take as many as you can. Sorry, but I was hoping the current would take him out into the gulf!
X2 on the that one! Drown that 4 footed bastard, Coyotes are a major PITA in our neck of the woods
Anyways, great pick of your day at sea!

If I would have realized what it was as soon as I saw it, there might have been a different outcome, I thought it was a deer at first. I drew some attention of a couple fishing boats when I slowed down all of a sudden and was circling around, then I thought of my kid and figured he would get a kick out of seeing a video of it swimming and getting out of the water. Which he did.

@Wayloncle where do you launch your boat? Curious for future reference and looks nice.

That's the marina at Tyndall AFB. I keep it on the trailer there as well. This ramp is in the fenced "members" area, there is another double ramp on the other side of the building that's just as nice.

Copy that, thanks.

Wow. Looks like a perfect day. Very envious, but glad that you had a chance to enjoy it!!!

Back