• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nielsen Enterprises, Yamaha Dealer, Lake Villa IL

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I frequented Nielsen Enterprises a lot when I lived in Gurnee IL. I bought my first jet boat there, a 2003 LX210, and Jeff Nielsen helped me find my current boat through his contacts (actually the father of his Credit Manager-if my memory is correct).

They provided excellent service and sales with great warranty work. I had them replace a faulty engine on my LX210 (grenaded in the 1st two weeks), and did it with a complete engine rather than swapping out the block as Yamaha wanted to do. They added a 2nd battery for me, and performed a number of standard services.

I highly recommend them.

Nielsen Enterprises
130 S Milwaukee Ave, Lake Villa, IL
(847) 356-3000

http://www.nielsens.com

Last edited:

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nielsens has been good to me too. I appreciate all the effort and knowledge they share. Their mechanic Josh is very good people too, very knowledgeable. They just did some warranty work for me and everything went well. We picked up the boat after the work and were on the water 2 hours later enjoying some beers, and swimming in the river.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been hit an miss with them. They installed my halogen underwater lights using clear speaker wire. They reassembled the rear tray after that without reclamping the tops of the clean out tubes or adding caulk. Most recently they lost the keys to my boat. When they do get things right they get them right. Their sales department has always been awesome.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For what its worth...most of us don't recaulk the tray when we put it back in....it is a ROYAL PITA to get off again if you do....
You might not but I do. It is a PITA getting all of the old caulk off but it keeps the water out of the bilge. When you pay for dealer service you expect them to follow the service manual.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You might not but I do. It is a PITA getting all of the old caulk off but it keeps the water out of the bilge. When you pay for dealer service you expect them to follow the service manual.
You are correct...at least they should give you the choice.