• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

NMEA Comm Error 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Cforre

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Has anyone had this error code? My boat is a 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S. The water temp gauge and depth gauge quit on me today and started displaying this error. And the other gauges all seem to be working as they should. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 817DB5A8-4BD2-4ACE-8244-7B8ED0262E87.jpeg
    817DB5A8-4BD2-4ACE-8244-7B8ED0262E87.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19
Comm Err usually means that either there is a break in the bus line (the electrical connection between the tachs, ECU, GPS, etc.) or that there is a terminator missing. Check the connections behind the dash.

Did you just install anything or make any changes to the boat?

Comm Err usually means that either there is a break in the bus line (the electrical connection between the tachs, ECU, GPS, etc.) or that there is a terminator missing. Check the connections behind the dash.

Did you just install anything or make any changes to the boat?
The boat is new to me. We did just put an amp and new speakers and head unit in. We were out Friday and everything was working fine and then Saturday morning about 2 hours it was good but then Saturday afternoon is when this comm error came up and then I had no temp or depth and the error message was one.

I would check the connections to the back of the tachs and all around there where you were working. It is possible something got knocked or pulled...

Has anyone had this error code? My boat is a 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited S. The water temp gauge and depth gauge quit on me today and started displaying this error. And the other gauges all seem to be working as they should. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!
I know this was a while ago but we have this same error and I am struggling to figure it out. I unplug the gps and get a speed error so I know it's not this.... We did install a new head unit but we ran the boat a few times and did not get the error. I thought it might be a bad transducer but it seems so unlikely... And now with this limited availability they are 500 and not returnable.

Did you check the connections (other than the GPS)? There have been reports of some corroded pins in connectors at times, as well, so if you can separate and inspect, that might be worth it as well.

You also have added a lot of battery draining equipment........Yamaha's are vary sensitive to battery voltage.........(These boats are more sensitive than any boat I have ever owned. My 2013 was throwing codes..... all the time when I got her all went away after new Battery and a on board charger was installed.

Back