• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No anodes on my 2019 Limited S E-Series?

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, I'm confused. I never knew about these anodes until my friend noticed in a picture of my jets that mine didn't have anodes like his 2015 did. He (and I) just assumed there was something new that the Yamahas have in the 2019 line-up that alleviated the need for them. I started noticing some pictures on the jet boat pilot website when I was looking into the thrust vectors and noticed a 2019 WITH them installed. I then looked at a YouTube video of one for sale and the video clearly shows them. Was this something my dealer was suppose to install during factory acceptance and customer prep? Does anyone know if they ARE supposed to be on my boat? If so now I am wondering if they forget to prep (install anything else that I am not aware of). This sucks, new guys like me don't know what we don't know. I'm confused.
IMG_1215.jpg

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, those are really only needed for salt water, if you're only in freshwater, not too much of a concern.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, those are really only needed for salt water, if you're only in freshwater, not too much of a concern.
I will be using it in salt water. But my point is I’m seeing them on other 2019 from the dealership. I’m wondering if they were suppose to be installed on mine.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Oddly the anodes on the pumps 2018 and earlier were from the factory and they were magnesium not zinc, so if you are in salt water add some zinc to your pumps for protection I assume the new coating that Yamaha puts on the 2019 boat pumps etc may play a roll in their decision not to add any anodes . Also be sure to check out my special steering system for your boat including a second tie rod for balance and steering at all speeds and the new super fins I now offer. Ok I just went to some pictures I posted on this site from customers and yes their 2019 boats did have the anodes

Last edited:

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oddly the anodes on the pumps 2018 and earlier were from the factory and they were magnesium not zinc, so if you are in salt water add some zinc to your pumps for protection I assume the new coating that Yamaha puts on the 2019 boat pumps etc may play a roll in their decision not to add any anodes . Also be sure to check out my special steering system for your boat including a second tie rod for balance and steering at all speeds and the new super fins I now offer.
That’s what I was originally thinking to, maybe because of the coating. Odd that I’m seeing them on all the other 2019’s so far though.🤔. I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yes something happened to the anodes but you still need to get zinc for salt water.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oddly the anodes on the pumps 2018 and earlier were from the factory and they were magnesium not zinc, so if you are in salt water add some zinc to your pumps for protection I assume the new coating that Yamaha puts on the 2019 boat pumps etc may play a roll in their decision not to add any anodes . Also be sure to check out my special steering system for your boat including a second tie rod for balance and steering at all speeds and the new super fins I now offer. Ok I just went to some pictures I posted on this site from customers and yes their 2019 boats did have the anodes
I have a 2017 and they don’t seem to be working in fresh water either with current in the marina.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So the dealer said it is something that should have come installed from the factory, they were a bit shocked on that one as well. Good news is they ordered them for me and are shipping them to my house so I can install them. The dealership is 2 hours away, not worth the drive and gas money for a 5 minute fix.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like Yamaha has been hiring straight from the latest Parker lay-offs. I say you tell your dealer to give you a new Radar for your trouble.

On a serious note I would check the forum map to see who of the senior members are near you. I bet they can walk around your boat in case there is something else out of place

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like Yamaha has been hiring straight from the latest Parker lay-offs. I say you tell your dealer to give you a new Radar for your trouble.

On a serious note I would check the forum map to see who of the senior members are near you. I bet they can walk around your boat in case there is something else out of place
You know, I actually tried to look up other members around me with the member map but I can’t get it to work. I have all Apple /Mac products and I don’t know if that’s the problem or not.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Update, just tried it again and it’s working. I found a thread from this month that shows most people having the same problem, but also talking about getting it fixed, it appears that they did.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Quick question to anyone following this and might know......I got the new annodes in the mail today that the dealer sent. Should I put some anti-seize compound on the threads of the mounting bolts before installing them? I'm just thinking if they are to attract the corrosion to those points, the threads and even the bolt heads themselves could get corroded and make extraction difficult once they're due for replacement?

KHoward

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, I'm confused. I never knew about these anodes until my friend noticed in a picture of my jets that mine didn't have anodes like his 2015 did. He (and I) just assumed there was something new that the Yamahas have in the 2019 line-up that alleviated the need for them. I started noticing some pictures on the jet boat pilot website when I was looking into the thrust vectors and noticed a 2019 WITH them installed. I then looked at a YouTube video of one for sale and the video clearly shows them. Was this something my dealer was suppose to install during factory acceptance and customer prep? Does anyone know if they ARE supposed to be on my boat? If so now I am wondering if they forget to prep (install anything else that I am not aware of). This sucks, new guys like me don't know what we don't know. I'm confused.
View attachment 90219
I have them on my 2019 242 LSE. I know because they get a new bracket when installing thrust vectors. I'd say someone forgot to install them.

Ken

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hardware should all be stainless so no issues there. I actually added medium loc-tite to mine.