• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No power water coming in engine compartment when revved up

Jon Deer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hello Everyone new member I have fixed a couple of things just by reading other peoples problems and fixes great site! But I have a problem One of my motors feels like not getting full suction. When I throttle up the motor revs up but in the hatch where the exhaust hose goes through the back through rubber seal it is leaking. Which in return doesn't thrust fully. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hi Jon, welcome aboard! First off, are you referring to the engine compartment hatch or the bilge? I assume the engine compartment; this leaks sounds like the intermediate shaft bearing may be leaking.

As for the loss of thrust; pull the cleanout plug for the respective motor and make sure there is no debris caught in there or on the impeller shaft. its common that something gets sucked up and stuck/caught on the shaft. The smallest debris, even a fishing line can cause the reving without thrust and loss of suction effect. Please ensure you do this with the engines off and safety lanyard pulled to be safe.