• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

no-wake/cruise speed setting adjustment?

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love using the "no-wake" cruise control feature on my 2017 AR190, but I'd like to adjust the speed of it.
it having the 3 levels, I'd like to bump it up a bit. anyone know if this is possible?

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
What are your speed is with the three settings in no wake mode? Yesterday was the fastest I have experienced with my boat. It was 5.1mph.
However, I have to assume with less wind and current, cargo, and chop is why I achieved that speed. Normally, the fastest speed is 4.5 mph and the slowest at the 3rd no-wake setting is 3.0 mph. I would not go above 5.0 mph in order to comply with no wake zone laws.
I believe the no wake mode settings are set by engine rpms.

adamsrotors

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no wake is never less that 5mph here. I'm also not worried about "legality" either...
I want 3k RPMs on the third most setting. right now it's 5mph, at roughly 2400.
I'm battling current often and these stock settings are sluggish. I love the feature and want to modify it for my needs & desires.
there's gotta be a way.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
nobody huh?
I've never heard of anyone modifying that.

Mine will "stay" at 3k rpm or so with the throttle lever. I'm rarely in need of that level of thrust though, I'm always in the 3rd No wake Mode, Idle, or somewhere above 4500rpm or so.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a gap in where it lets you set the no wake / cruise mode. At the slower rpm's, it is used for no wake mode. It gives you 3 settings, and I believe the fastest you can go is about 5mph (hence NO WAKE). The cruise setting has a bit more flexibility to it. But I don't think it lets you engage it until you are around 4500 rpm. Then you have about 3 up and/or down I think. But in that mode, I think the slowest you can go is around 20mph.

I wish it would let you use it anywhere in the rpm range. I'd like to set my cruise speed around 10-15 for those days we want to just put-put around the lake at slow pontoon boat speeds.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
nobody huh?
I think this is coded in the throttle sensors as the cables for throttle are mechanical to the sensor which then controls the throttle body valves electronically. Maybe it's possible with a Maptuner option to ramp up the voltage from the sensor, but that would be something Riva Racing or similar might know about.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There's a gap in where it lets you set the no wake / cruise mode. At the slower rpm's, it is used for no wake mode. It gives you 3 settings, and I believe the fastest you can go is about 5mph (hence NO WAKE). The cruise setting has a bit more flexibility to it. But I don't think it lets you engage it until you are around 4500 rpm. Then you have about 3 up and/or down I think. But in that mode, I think the slowest you can go is around 20mph.
FYI:
No Wake only works at idle speeds. Once you push the throttles past full forward idle speed and rev up, it cancels the mode.

Cruise Assist only works above 3000rpm, once you throttle down below 3000rpm it cancels the mode.

Note that if you have twin engines they operate independently - if one throttle drops below 3000 but the other doesn't, Cruise will still be engaged on the one engine that didn't drop down. Found this out by accident the other day when I pulled back the throttles to let another boat go by and then throttled back up, but didn't realize right away that only one engine went below 3000 and the other was just above. Go figure...
I wish it would let you use it anywhere in the rpm range. I'd like to set my cruise speed around 10-15 for those days we want to just put-put around the lake at slow pontoon boat speeds.
At 10-15mph I'm make monster wake just like if I'm doing it on purpose for wakeboarding...other boaters don't appreciate that when toodling around. I either go at No Wake mode speeds or I'm solidly on plane around 22mph or higher.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At 10-15mph I'm make monster wake just like if I'm doing it on purpose for wakeboarding...other boaters don't appreciate that when toodling around. I either go at No Wake mode speeds or I'm solidly on plane around 22mph or higher.
I'm the same way. That "middle ground" is a no man's land of giant wake and poor steerability. I can stay on plane down to about 16-17 mph or so, but usually cruise in the high 20's or low 30's. Engine and hull both seem to "like" that speed.