• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No wake mode not disengaging

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So was out wake surfing for a couple hours the other night. Came back to the dock using no wake mode and when I went to pull the throttles back they were difficult to move as well as the rpms would not drop. Had the go back and forth a couple times to get them to free up and disengage from no wake mode. Was out yesterday and once again they failed to disengage. However I noticed if I used the button to toggle down the speed it would disengage just fine. I'm thinking either some sort of safety switch or possible computer issue. Anyone else have such an issue?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The operations manual says to deactivate push the minus side of the No Wake assist until the No Wake disappears or advance the throttles.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you. My 190 did not do that. It would disengage when you pulled the throttles back automatically.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The throttles being difficult to move is odd. Maybe check to see if there’s something stuck in your buckets, binding them up. I understand your issue is a bigger picture than this, but maybe there’s something there contributing.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think the difficulty in shifting the throttles down was simply the fact the no wake mode was pushing too much water through the nozzle and causing pressure on the bucket. Hope that makes sense. No issues today as link as I toggle the no wake switch down. Have to admit that's a poor design on Yamahas behalf. I would think anytime you throttle down the no wake should disengage.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same issue had to jam into reverse once or twice. If you rev up a bit then come down it shuts off I think.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yeah I think its been said but simply bring the throttles back doesn't disengage it, you have to either hit the (-) til its off or actually engage a certain amount of more throttle (not sure how much) to disengage it.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I think its been said but simply bring the throttles back doesn't disengage it, you have to either hit the (-) til its off or actually engage a certain amount of more throttle (not sure how much) to disengage it.
"NoWake" quits if you have had the throttles over 4000 rpms, otherwise if you were to back down throttles manually the rpms stay up and you would have to press the "- " 3x to disengage. As well, you must take the throttles over 4000 rpms before you can set "Cruise Assist".

Vito Losurdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks this was useful.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
No Wake does not shut off with throttle levers going to N. Need to use the down button to shut if off.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Have to admit that's a poor design on Yamahas behalf. I would think anytime you throttle down the no wake should disengage.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion on this, but it was an as-designed decision by Yamaha to allow you to have a constant throttle amount engaged when only operating the Binnacles inside the TDE (thrust directional enhancer) range of the shift pattern (first detent) between forward, and reverse. TDE is much more usable when you have higher than idle level thrust. Having said that I never use this feature this way but I know some do and love it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯