• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Yamaha Media Event for 2018 Models! :-(

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yamaha has postponed/cancelled their media event that typically is held ahead of their annual dealer meeting. Jetboaters.net is invited to these media preview events and we typically have photos and videos to share upon the release. Unfortunately we won't have any info to share this year! :(

So we will have to rely on Boat show info from members.

There may be a media day in the early part of next year....stay tuned for that.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha has postponed/cancelled their media event that typically is held ahead of their annual dealer meeting...
Just curious, did they give a reason?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Lake_Spray

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They said they were going to hold a media event at a later date.....big tease....
Got it. Having a wife who works in PR I'm conditioned to be suspicious anytime a company voluntarily gives up an opportunity for highly controlled free publicity. My antennae are twitching a tiny bit.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got it. Having a wife who works in PR I'm conditioned to be suspicious anytime a company voluntarily gives up an opportunity for highly controlled free publicity. My antennae are twitching a tiny bit.
I am sure they have all hands on deck trying to fix those AR towers. :mad:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would guess that means no real changes or possibly a mid model year release of something new that is just not ready yet. I'm guessing no major changes is the more Likley case as the have just redone the 190's and the 210's based on timing we are likely one or two more years from and major changes to the 240 serries. Only changes I know of last year to the 240 were the plugs, switching that crappy drivers seat they put in the 15 and 16's, new steering wheel and a little nicer interior material.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My guess is that this means that the 2018 dealer meeting will be about color changes and stocking orders.

Does anyone remember what kind of boat Yamaha launched at a big boat show last time. It was not your typical bow rider........

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear they introduce a new Bathtub Toy.
They call it 2018 AR240.

--

Last edited:

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So will they be introducing the FSH 210 at the dealer meetings or will that be at a later date??

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Based on the lack of a media event at this time I would guess that any new model will be release at a later event. The original FSH was released during a large boat show.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So it looks like Boating Magazine was invited to their Dealer meeting....perhaps they are not happy with all the discussions going on here about issues with their boats and don't like the fact that we won't quash them???

Hopefully that is not the case....because we only want to help them build boats that don't have leaks in their anchor lockers and towers that can fall with no notice....:([flag]:nurse:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dear lord that video was annoying :shifty:. Really would have enjoyed seeing him get smacked with some flying debris right after he says "you call this a storrrrrrm" :D.

The irony of it all when he says "Yamaha builds boats to take on anything God can dish out" :rolleyes: yet on here we know these boats have issues and their Quality Control is severely lacking each new year while their premium prices continue to soar. Not to mention he says this while all the boats are tied up. Why isn't he out there showing us just how great those boats wold be in those conditions :D??? On a side note what is that thing on the back of the bimini of what looks like the new FSH? I see some rod holders (I think) but there's something wide too.

Wouldn't surprise me Yamaha pulled you from going. I hope that's not the case as it spells pretty bad PR if they are trying to hide from any questions or concerns us YJB owners have with their product, especially when it comes to safety. I simply would/will not support a company if they are trying to shun away a group of owners to hide (cover up) any issues with quality, design or safety.

Last edited:

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could be very wrong but it does appear there is a 21 or 24 foot center consul behind it Shurley looked bigger than 19 foot

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's for sure longer. Those bimini "arm braces" look...interesting....too.

Hey can we repost the images now :D?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So it looks like Boating Magazine was invited to their Dealer meeting....perhaps they are not happy with all the discussions going on here about issues with their boats and don't like the fact that we won't quash them???

Hopefully that is not the case....because we only want to help them build boats that don't have leaks in their anchor lockers and towers that can fall with no notice....:([flag]:nurse:

Good for them!
Loyal customer base - Who needs that?
Totally overrated.

--

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian the road to virtue is a lonely one and if that is the reason why Jetboater.net was not invited, then I feel very privileged to be part of this community.

Thank you for sharing the video, so now I have a clear picture on how reliable that magazine is.