• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Non Skid vs. Sea Dek and color options

Wilcoxkrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2018 190 FSH. I have had it out 4 times and am frustrated with trying to keep the no skid floor clean. I know I can try a magic eraser but don't really want to get on my hands and knees to clean the floor after every trip. Those that have purchased the Sea Dek, do you find the floor easier to clean than it was before you had the Sea Dek? Also, it looks like the Smoke Grey color matches the color used on the side panels from the factory but my dealer recommended the Cool Grey because it would be cooler to walk on. I am kind of OCD and like things to match so I am leaning toward Smoke Grey. What are your experiences with the 2 color options?

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get the SeaDek and don’t look back. You can pressure wash it too. The stuff is really expensive but it’s quality!

As far as color options, I wouldn’t think the color/heat would really play a role but I could be very wrong.

swifty_210FSH

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've got the Smoke Grey SeaDek in mine and love it.

Pros: Traction improved, Easier to clean, Added sound deadening and looks so much better.
Con: It does get pretty warm on bare feet in the hottest part of the day.

Corey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have smoke gray. Love it! Worth the money & easy to clean!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 190 FSH. I have had it out 4 times and am frustrated with trying to keep the no skid floor clean. I know I can try a magic eraser but don't really want to get on my hands and knees to clean the floor after every trip. Those that have purchased the Sea Dek, do you find the floor easier to clean than it was before you had the Sea Dek? Also, it looks like the Smoke Grey color matches the color used on the side panels from the factory but my dealer recommended the Cool Grey because it would be cooler to walk on. I am kind of OCD and like things to match so I am leaning toward Smoke Grey. What are your experiences with the 2 color options?
You'd be hard-pressed to find a negative opinion on SeaDek here, with hundreds of users. It is the best there is. My opinion, but also many in the industry, on my LDW vacation I just talked to a guy from FLorida who's an installer - he was crawling all over my boat and didn;t want to believe I did the install myslef - apparently SeaDek is not known for great customer service..., and they are very pricey. Well, @JetBoatPilot just started another group buy and his prices and customer service can not be beat, having the exact templates that work well is critical in these boats with many smallish pieces etc.

--