• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Norris Lake, TN Points of Interest

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey all!

Just wondering if any of you are familiar with Norris lake in Tennessee? We have booked a floating house at Flat Hollow Marina for a long weekend next month and have never been to this lake before. We have heard about Cedar Creek Bridge and know that there are a number of marinas with restaurants/bars that are fairly close by (we aren't afraid to burn some fuel) but are curious about other spots on the water that we might want to check out. Cool coves, jumping rocks, bridges, etc.

We have two other couples coming with us as well and they both have boats too!

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
#following

We're actually renting a houseboat the week of July 13th and will be on the water for the week. Looking forward to it. Been to the lake a few times and love it! Not enough to be familiar with the in's & out's. So I will be following to learn more!

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Interested, might be my home lake soon (fingers crossed).

Soonerlt

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey all!

Just wondering if any of you are familiar with Norris lake in Tennessee? We have booked a floating house at Flat Hollow Marina for a long weekend next month and have never been to this lake before. We have heard about Cedar Creek Bridge and know that there are a number of marinas with restaurants/bars that are fairly close by (we aren't afraid to burn some fuel) but are curious about other spots on the water that we might want to check out. Cool coves, jumping rocks, bridges, etc.

We have two other couples coming with us as well and they both have boats too!
Norris is our favorite lake by far - big, deep, clear and in a beautiful part of the state. We’ve been several times over the past several years. Highly recommended.

First year we stayed near Flat Hollow. Now we stay near Deerfield Resort/Springs Dock Area. We spend most of our time between Flat Hollow and Shanghai Resort, and occasionally venture down to Stardust. Haven’t made it to the dam yet as it’s a pretty good jaunt down there. Shanghai is our favorite marina, but kids love the soft serve ice cream on a hot day at Springs Dock. Plenty of coves to hang out and chill. Jumping bridge is a favorite and is often pretty crowded. I hear their are some tree swings around as well, but we haven’t gone looking.

Also, you’re not far from Cumberland Gap if you are up for a day hike should you want a break from the lake one day.

One word of caution. There are very few places on the water where you will have cell coverage and the T-Storms can sneak up on you pretty quickly. Gotta keep an eye on conditions and check the radars when you hit the marinas. Even then, we’ve been caught in one and there aren’t many keel-friendly places to beach the boats in a hurry.

That said, a great place to vacation and chill for sure! Have fun.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Made it to Norris Lake!

Norris Lake 2020.jpg

Norris Lake 2020 2.jpg

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a great part of the lake. You should take a ride from there to the dam. Also, the area between Hickory Star and Waterside is quite scenic, but you do have to keep an eye out for submerged islands. They have marked most of them but still be careful

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just went out for a morning cruise! This week has been beautiful!
27FA5C0A-295B-431A-A26F-4372EC68E689.jpeg

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
For reference... this was our route this morning. 40 miles from big creek to the big lake and back.
753B09D0-662B-467F-8290-92E4451B433D.png

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@That_Jeep_Dude, staying at Flat Hollow, I recommend you head west and south mainly between Flat Hollow and Springs Dock. If you head toward Blue Springs it can get bad with debris in the water.

Going toward Springs Dock is the best part around that area with good coves to chill without homes being protected by the Chuck Swan Wildlife Management Area.

Once past Springs Dock it can get a bit choppy until you hit Cedar Creek. Take Cedar Creek all the last Sugar Hollow Marina to get to the jumping bridge. It can get pretty fun and comical and caution you if your concerned about kid friendly. Ear muffs on the weekend and they will be fine.

I also like the Big Creek and Cove Creek areas. Whitman Hollow Marina and Twin Cove Marina are both very nice.

I was just down there three weeks ago and took friends on a lake tour that turned into a Marina bar hop. Started at Flat Hollow and ended at Twin Cove then back to Springs where we had a floating house rented.

You will enjoy Flat Hollow. Good Marina with good food and entertainment. Most of their rentals are very nice as well.

I will be back down Monday evening through Thursday staying at Springs Dock again. Any questions or need help let me know, just realized my winded reply probably will make more sense if you pull up a lake map.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I'm thinking about buying an acre or so of land on Norris (or very, very close and putting a camper on it until I want to officially move that direction)