• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Norris Lake- Tn

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're staying here June 7~14, I rented this place and will be splitting the cost with 3 other couples. Been to this lake several times a year since getting the Yamaha in 2006. Done a houseboat, couple of condo's, floating houses several times. Last 4 years been renting these house. Google Escape Klaus, that's another house we had two yrs ago. One big, deep lake. The floating house trip is one of the most relaxing places to be....IMO. We should look at this place for a Jet boat get together....lots of different places to stay, just don't know how getting the group together on land? Hope the link works....

'Tranquility Point', Lakefront Home, Amazing Views, No ... - VRBO.com

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks like a nice house.

We are planning on spending a weekend there in July. I have never been to Norris, but there are lots of people from around here that keep their boats there. My cousin has a place near Springs Dock.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We will be there the week of 19-26 July. First time going down there! Have heard nothing but great things. I actually booked the place about a month prior to ever owning a boat. That was my motivation to commit to buying before the season started.

We ended up with a large group and snatched this place up for the week.

http://www.norrislakeadventures.com/blue-moon/blue-moon-cabin-amenities.php

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
[QUOTplace loo"GiddYupJoe, post: 5507, member: 209"]We will be there the week of 19-26 July. First time going down there! Have heard nothing but great things. I actually booked the place about a month prior to ever owning a boat. That was my motivation to commit to buying before the season started.

We ended up with a large group and snatched this place up for the week.

http://www.norrislakeadventures.com/blue-moon/blue-moon-cabin-amenities.php[/QUOTE]

That place looks awesome. Do you remember what the rate is?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
$4800 which includes tax, and cleaning fee. Split it up with 5 couples, so not to bad.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just under $3500 w/ taxes....split 4 ways. Some are cheaper and some are more, depends usually on sq. footage and # of bedrooms. There is a huge freaking house there with like 6 bedrooms, 2 or 3 floors......Now that is a start for a group to meet at! You Tenn & Ky owners got it made IMO. Big ass, deep, clean lakes everywhere. I got a few friends from Shelbyville ready to flush some of the Mississippi mud out of their engines.....and jump in Norris. Just a thought; Everyone rent their own house at Flat Hollow Marina, on land or water, at the same time. They have a large covered patio area at the marina there. Get too drunk to drive the boat, it's only a short swim home :)

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are looking at places on Lake Norris for this summer too. We went 2 years ago and it was great. Gonna rent a house with a dock again.

Looking for recommendations for sightseeing by boat? Did not get to do much wandering last time (had 1year old and was very hot outside). Looking for excuses to go see and do things with the boat? Any great food or big bridge or rock jumps?

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're staying here June 7~14, I rented this place and will be splitting the cost with 3 other couples. Been to this lake several times a year since getting the Yamaha in 2006. Done a houseboat, couple of condo's, floating houses several times. Last 4 years been renting these house. Google Escape Klaus, that's another house we had two yrs ago. One big, deep lake. The floating house trip is one of the most relaxing places to be....IMO. We should look at this place for a Jet boat get together....lots of different places to stay, just don't know how getting the group together on land? Hope the link works....

'Tranquility Point', Lakefront Home, Amazing Views, No ... - VRBO.com
Wow - that location looks spectacular. It's a lot of fun doing a rental like that with other couples. Have a great time!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We are looking at places on Lake Norris for this summer too. We went 2 years ago and it was great. Gonna rent a house with a dock again.

Looking for recommendations for sightseeing by boat? Did not get to do much wandering last time (had 1year old and was very hot outside). Looking for excuses to go see and do things with the boat? Any great food or big bridge or rock jumps?
Just google "jumping bridge, Norris" From what I have heard.... this is the place to be. We will have to go under every time we leave our place. Should work out great.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have been to Norris the last 2 years and plan to make a trip in late July. Maybe some jetboaters will be down at the same time.. :thumbsup:

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Impelled , how far ahead do you typically need to book a place? Should I start looking now for 2015?

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last couple years there seemed to be vacancies everywhere. Not a lot mind you, but they were to be found. May not find the cheapest or primo spots..it's weird like that. You can still find a lot, just gotta figure out if you need a house, a condo, a floating house (*Best IMO*), houseboat..whatever, then search VRBO or another rental website. Most have calendars that'll let you see availability. Last years house was in Deerfield on the main body going past Sugar Hollow Marina. Kinda beat up the boat in the main channel, that's goes up to the Cedar Creek Rd bridge (someone mentioned that here or over there). This year the house is in a cove on Big Creek. So, a long winded answer in few words. Typically, I'll reserve next years place around New Years Day....unless its a no brainer I'm coming back....so I'd let them keep the deposit and tell them what dates I need first. That's what happens when you deal w/ an owner face to face (or phone call/ emails). Check out the floating houses at Flat Hollow Marina...I just dig those things. Probably won't want one if you have toddlers though. Condo's at Shanghai are kick ass....I've done that several times too.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If your schedule allows, then booking now for 2015 is a good idea. Much more selection available. The less expensive, very nice places disappear very quickly.

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do most places have docks? Floating houses sound cool. I've got family to possibly split big houses with. They keep talking about a house boat though, which would be cool, but the way my wife is I think we'd spend a ton on gas just running the generator to keep AC going.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You gotta do a houseboat once, somewhere...Cumberland, Norris...doesn't matter. But there is "work" with a houseboat. With a floating house....you unload everything into your boat, float over to the house, unload, put stuff in fridge, and take off. In a week, load up your boat, float to the marina and turn in the keys by 10am usually, Done! No hassling around with houseboat gas, generator gas...chasing people down for their split of the cost, etc. All float houses are the dock, some have some pretty nice 2 story covered docks. I looked at financing a float house, very doable....we just don't want to get tied down to out of State property. Most of waterfront houses will have docks too. The condo's at Shanghai have nice covered lighted docks, big stable ones not those wobbly narrow ones.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
we are buying a condo on Norris. It is called Waterside
it is only a one bedroom, one bath, but it can sleep 4. The marina is first class with rent-able boat slips at 20.00 / night
http://www.vrbo.com/568313
let me know if anyone is interested (discount given to yamaha jet boaters)
we live in knoxville and are at Norris every weekend
looking forward to seeing some fellow jetboaters on the water

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 8.48.42 AM.png

Last edited:

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might be silly question but just to make sure, the floating houses are wired for electric to the shore? Also if dinner out or running to the grocery store is necessary, are there short term docks?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
They have electricity like normal, however the plumbing is a little funky. The houses are in a marina so you just dock up at the marina dock when you have to drive somewhere. And I'm pretty sure I have heard a lot of marinas will have a courtesy boat come grab you (I may be wrong on that).

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Chris5105 not all floating houses have ship to shore electricity... some run on generators.
there may by come courtesy boats, but i have never seen it at norris... but there are some locations i have never been to
the owners of the floating houses would be able to tell you for sure if you are interested in renting one of them

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's cool. I got some Jetboater friends from Shelbyville almost ready to bite....and get over here. It's a long drive for em. Worth every gallon of gas :)