• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally finished all remodeling on home, appraisal came in very, very strong. Refinancing Home and consolidating. Anyhow now.....

The Admiral is now envisioning this in the spring.

1613690033937.png

I am seeing this

1613690084253.png

May need to put an add out for a new Admiral?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, that is why she wants one for her kids to have something to do and bring their friends here during the summer week days.

Boat would be better imho..

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m all for the 252. I held off the pool for cottage and lakes. You can only be in one place at one time. 2 cents. If the weather is nice.... we’ll be at the lake.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbors across the street just dug a hole next to the driveway, threw a tarp in it an filled it with water😂
I was just going to say that!

In fact, one of the members here who lives in central Texas, @Betik, has just opened his new pool this week.

1613694984763.png

--

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wanted a new boat for the past few years all while we were discussing the idea of buying a townhouse at our favorite ski resort. We ended up buying the townhouse 2 years ago and the wife was happy. This past summer I whined like a baby about how I wanted to wakesurf and what a pain it would be to make our SX210 surfable. To my surprise she agreed we needed a new boat so at the end of last summer I got my boat. Moral of the story is make the wife happy first.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We would love to have an in-ground pool..but....couple thoughts...They do not increase the value of your home (in the Midwest at least) and so your spending money you will never recover. In fact one could argue they decrease your home‘s value.

They are too damn expensive- $50-60k...again given no value add.

At least a boat holds some value...in fact your AR210 probably worth close to what you paid.

We are considering an above ground pool with a nice deck..fairly cheap, not permanent (so doesn’t hurt the home value) and you can still swim...

Based on your posts you guys boat ALOT...go with the new 252..

My two cents ...worth little..

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Pool = less boating

Pool + boat = more maintenance

This sounds like a loose/loose!

Suggest this: Make a deal with the family. Get them a membership to the local outdoor pool. If each person goes at least 10 times in 2 months time, then you'll dig a hole next year.

If I lived in MI, I'd spend as much time as possible in the Porkies.....!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We sold the boat to get a pool. Wish we had the boat still. I could sell the boat but after the newness where's off , I have to move to get rid of the pool if need be. It's also like trading storage bill for electric bill. Storage is cheaper BTW

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We approached it a little differently - boat plus hot tub. We made a nice brick path and pad with led lighting and lighted steps- use it at night during the week from spring into late fall- doesn’t impede on boating time. Kids love it too but their grown up - if they were younger they may have preferred a pool, but as competitive swimmers they used to use the YMCA that is only a few miles from us and had a full lap pool with lanes.
We have never grown out of boating- and when we moved in the past the boat came with us. When we sell the house - if the new owner doesn’t want the hot tub it’s easy to remove and leaves a nice patio underneath.
And as pointed out in an earlier post - my wife loves it and the boat win win!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My parents have had an in-ground pool for decades. We also had an above ground pool prior to digging the big hole for the in-ground pool. As a kid I used to have to clean and help my dad with all the crap that goes along with having a pool. It’s a constant battle especially as the years stack up. Replacing liners and dealing with leaks is no fun. We will open the pool in the summer and may use it just a few times each year. Meanwhile you work to keep it blue and pretty with very little use. I’ve always suggested to them they just fill the damn thing in already.

Lee Wilke

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Going on 6 years with an above ground pool and TBH, we've used the death out of it. It has been paid for with the use it has gotten even to include the maintenance. The cost of an above ground as opposed to an inground is WAY less, you get wet either way and if you wish to get rid of the pool it again is easier to get rid of. Just empty it and take it down. Thankfully we now have a boat and will use it almost every day of the week once it warms up as we only live 20 minutes to water and will have 4 or so hours after work to play in the summer time. I've had both inground and above ground and the cost for install on ingrounds are much much higher. The maintenance on both are about the same so its a wash there but again much easier to get rid of above ground if you wanted to. Good luck on decision!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a membership to the YMCA. It has an indoor pool and splash park. $80/mo, but drops the oldest boys after school care from $50/wk to $30/wk, so it's NEARLY a wash in terms of cost. We went (pre-pandemic) 1-2 times a week in the winter. Family loves the water. Pool and Splash park are heated water, and climate controlled to ~65deg year round. It's a quick 10min drive away. In the summer, we RARELY go to the pool. Just doesn't hold any value for us unless we get stuck at home and only have 2-3hrs between whatever has kept us home instead of boating.

Wife and I both grew up with a pool in the backyard. She loved it. I hated it. I got a good look at the maintenance time and effort put into it, and it's just not for me. She only remembers the good parts and wants another one. So far I've held her off with the fact we only have about 6in of topsoil in the backyard, then feet and feet of rock under that. So, we would damn near have to blast/chisel/bust rock away just to get a level spot for an above ground, much less an in ground setup.......We'll see if that holds much longer.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A pool? Nope. Just tell her your home owners insurance rates would skyrocket and buy the boat.