• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Nozzle Trim

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just wondering why Yamaha doesn't have a nozzle trim like the waverunner's do. Then you could just adjust the water stream to point up for more wake or down for less. Maybe I am missing something here ???

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. We need to get some R&D on this asap. Another radical idea I had bouncing in my head. Mind you I am a cheap SOB. I was wondering instead of using ballast bags why can't I open my drain plug and fill my bilge with a little water. When I am done I could just turn on the bilge pump. The 242 seems pretty compartmentalized. I could some type of hose into the bilge to add an emergency pump. Kind of like a submarine. Any thoughts?

@geiger41 Nozzle trim has been discussed often. Never seen anyone attempt to fit it on a boat. Problem with forcing the stern down would be the rooster tail it would create. But a bow down trim option would be really cool.

@2devine you sure could fill your bilge for ballast, but keep in mind that you have wood stringers in there that it isn't a great idea to soak in water all the time. A number of members love to do sub moves which has a similar effect. So it could be done, just not sure I'd want to add ballast this way.

THANKS I knew there was a reason.

I have installed 2 degree wedges in my pumps to kinda test things.
I don't feel that the bow has gone any higher, but maybe, because I was doing it for a speed thing to get the hull out of the water more.
I do have a bit more spray behind the boat as well.
The wedges were a cheaper alternative to rigging everything up and drilling holes to test the theory.

@geiger41 Nozzle trim has been discussed often. Never seen anyone attempt to fit it on a boat. Problem with forcing the stern down would be the rooster tail it would create. But a bow down trim option would be really cool.

Here is the spray from my old single pump SeaDoo Challenger with the jet tilted up 4 degrees. It made for a considerably better ride and I gained a few mph as well. On the other hand at slower speeds it did spray the kids in the face on the tube.
0fqbYtc.jpg

GUU9TdO.jpg

Back