• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

O'Brien Apex - What do you guys think of this?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Towables are a pretty in demand product it seems and these look like a pretty rad. I'm thinking of bringing a few in. What do you think of them?
Screenshot_20190521-080848_Chrome.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They look solid and safe with the side skirts..... I think you should let me demo one...... ;)

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My last obriens where junk had 2 warrantied then gave up on them and got my money back

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My last obriens where junk had 2 warrantied then gave up on them and got my money back
Dang! That's not a very good sales pitch... 😉 what style tube was it and what was the issue? Was their warranty process at least better than the Yamaha Y.E.S...? lol!

The good news is most of their tubes/towables are new this season.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be clear, I have a strong interest in selling quality products. My main occupation is being the owner of a custom cabinet company. We design, manufacture and install them. I tell people, "I don't know how to build a crappy cabinet. I build them so I never have to fix them, because I only have time to build them once. As a result, the number of call-backs I've had in 8 years that went beyond a miner adjustment... I can't even really think of one. Unless it was the result of their kids doing something abusive to it... and those are few.

Anyway, I ask to know the issue because it's important for me to know what I'm passing on.

Besides the manufacturer, I'll do my best to stand by whatever I sell.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As for this towable and others, I really like the concept. Typically I think sit-in tubes are kind of lame and I have trouble getting excited about it... but, kids want dad to go with them. Something like this adds to the dynamic as a rider. It looks a lot more fun in my opinion than bounding around on my butt. I also think it will be something to add to a the confidence of a younger rider.

I may not always have something to compete with Costco, but these being more unique I think could.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They look solid and safe with the side skirts..... I think you should let me demo one...... ;)
Do you guys get off of your surfboards looking enough to tube??? 🤔

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a slacker 3 .2 rip the inner ribs making it ballon out and one ripped a hole at the seem like it was melted thin when being made .the warrenty was threw gander mountian i had to cut the valve out and send it to them with a cut out of the affected area