• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oculous Quest

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have never messed with VR and I was looking at getting this as a fun gift for my daughter and her boyfriend. Anyone have any experience with this thing? He is a big gamer and I figured this would be fun for the both of them.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have never messed with VR and I was looking at getting this as a fun gift for my daughter and her boyfriend. Anyone have any experience with this thing? He is a big gamer and I figured this would be fun for the both of them.
I’m also curious to hear any responses as my kids (and I) love tech toys. My only useful comment is that these things are sold out everywhere until after New Years. (Unless you want to pay a reseller EBay markup).

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve used VR stuff before and was never that impressed. So when my neighbor told me I had to check his Quest out a couple of weeks ago I was not that interested.
He made me come over and try it, and even his wife was really excited about it which made me think maybe it was ok (wives typically don’t care for such things IMO).

I want you to know that I did not want to like it at all, and was pretty much of the mindset that it was going to be a silly kids toy.

It turns out I was 100% incorrect in my assumption, and was completely blown away with how awesome it was. My wife tried it right after me and couldn’t believe how cool it was either. It literally feels like you’re in a different world.

As soon as we were done we both decided we needed to buy one “for the kids” and I now have one wrapped under the Christmas tree.

You will not be disappointed.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yes, my bro in law brought one over....its rad. planned on buying one for our family for xmas.

But...

I was thwarted. I didnt realize it was the "it" thing and theyre sold out everywhere. I got a "maybe youll get it on the 22nd" when asking about ordering lol

I dont care that much.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have the quest . My kids used it a lot at first then it just sits there. My wife loves the tennis game. It is a blast to play but skiing is getting in the way. One thing that I would recommend if she uses it a lot . We purchased a external battery pack and connect it when the battery gets low. I just strapped to the back of the headset with a hair tie.

It is super surreal to play. You will find yourself walking around a game like face your fears and possibly falling down like my mother in law did the other day. She was walking down stairs in the game and at the last stair at the bottom she fell down pretty hard. You can definitely get completely wrapped up in the game. Heck I was playing and there was a table in the game and I tried to use it to balance myself when I was picking something up and I almost fell into the garage wall.

Beat saber is good
Super hot vr (ok)
sports scramble (awesome)
Face your fears 2(fun and not hard to beat) we beat both episodes in 3 days of playing
Rec Room (fun and love the paintball game)

All in all it is fun, there are limited games for it though. The oculus rift has more games , but it has wires and has to be connected to a computer. The quest is wireless and no need for a cpu. If you have a chromecast you can connect it to the tv so others can see what the player is seeing. We are going to start taking on our trips to play when we are not skiing.

I will post some picks of the battery pack tonight if people want to see it. You will run out of battery pretty quick as the it is not a large battery. We also use headphones plugged into just one side. The have headphone jacks on each side of the headset, we don't see a huge difference in just hearing one channel of sound.

Dylan01

Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm in the second generation of the VR game, and have a Rift S currently. Downright amazing and a great time. However it is extremely difficult to share time/space with other people in VR. Not much fun watching it.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy VR Batman, I had no idea these things were the "IT" gift this year. You guys are right, they are nowhere to be found before Christmas. I had no idea. Oh well, maybe next year....

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy VR Batman, I had no idea these things were the "IT" gift this year. You guys are right, they are nowhere to be found before Christmas. I had no idea. Oh well, maybe next year....
yep. wifey and I went out on Friday shopping for the kids, like the only time we had to get out and do so(shes a retail exec)...found out the hard way how naive I was... :) whoops. lol

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Buy one in January when the Christmas fever is over.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Buy one in January when the Christmas fever is over.
100%!

maybe wait for a sale... lol She was a little upset about it.... since we had so many eggs in that one basket, and thats part of her default personality trait... but.. she got over it. Our kids dont want for too much.....

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Okay, because I could never find the Oculus Quest, I never got anything. Now I see the Quest 2 is available. It looks pretty good. Any reviews or comments out there? Do I need to pay extra for the higher storage? What is this even for? Also, I read somewhere you must have a FB account to play this thing??? Is that true? I don't have a FB account.....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
**Update** - This thing is pretty wild. I ended up getting one from my kiddos for Christmas who rent a house down the street and all live together. They brought it over to our house last night to play with. Wow. It's pretty cool. I had to take it off during one of the games due to motion sickness though. They said you can dial down the motion rate if this starts happening, but I just ripped it off right away. I can see it would take some getting use too on the more intensive games. I recommend this little gizmo.....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it is pretty cool technology. We are building business apps and actually an outdoor application, which should be out next fall, with the HoloLens.

Always thought I would like to get into Game development, but never did and always too busy developing others types of software and applications, to check it out.