• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oculus Go (not boat related)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just stopped by Bestbuy and picked up the new Oculus Go has any one played with on yet I knew a bunch of test units were sent out just currious if anyone had a real world review. My expectations are low but have no desire to spend the big bucks on the full blown systems yet. The attractive part is it being a stand alone unit as I have played with some of the ones you put your phone in but found them to be more of a pain to use then anything hoping this being a dedicated fixes that issue. I figure if o don’t use it the price tag was low enough I will just throw in the classifieds for discounted price.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh cool, first i heard of this!
I have the Oculus Rift that is pretty cool
Great conversation piece at parties, especially some of the scary games

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Let me know what you think of it. My wifes birthday is in 2 weeks and if this is good she would love it. She loved playing with my daughters Samsung gear VR until she left for college. We have old cell phones and can't use the gear VR or other units that require a newer cell phone.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So a first couple minutes review most of the crew had a few moments to play with it tonight before the battery died. I did not charge it upon opening it so I expect once it has a full charge it will probably have a much better run time the estimates I saw online are around 2 hours solid. All the reviews I have seen have the the media stuff like netflix and Hulu are great on it I have not dived into any of those yet. We have tried two of the roller coaster games, face your fears and Tomb Raider. Overall first impression is it is much nicer then the cell phone head set units I have played with in past. It's really nice to not have to deal with the cell phone quirks of it overheating or the phone ringing and text messages while trying to use it and the dedicated controller make navigation fun and easy. The graphics seem pretty solid and it is very immersive. The crew was all screaming and laughing on the roller coaster games and I tried the face your fears game and lets just say it was instense enough that I knew what was going to happen in the first room and still kind of jumped when it happened. There is a ton of content it appears to get on it I have to do some research to see whats good I just downloaded a few free ones real quick to give it a whirl. I got the 64 gb unit I would probably recommend that as I could see quickly blowing through the 32 gb one downloading stuff. For $199 for the 32 Gb unit and $249 for the 64 gb unit my first impression is I will get that much use out of at least but I will revisit once I have had it longer and really diced into the media apps that people are saying are great. This eliminates my biggest two struggles with the phone ones I have used which is selecting content was a pain with no controller and having to take the cover off a phone to use it and then trying to get it aligned in the case right now that all these hassles are eliminated I see this getting way more use especially by the rest of the family who were always reliant on me to do those things.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, thanks @robert843 :rolleyes:
Now we don't need to worry about the wake wedge, custom swim deck ballast bags, and all the other other nonsense - and go surfing!

I bet you there is a Bimini app, too, lol.

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great, thanks @robert843 :rolleyes:
Now we don't need to worry about the wake wedge, custom swim deck ballast bags, and all the other other nonsense - and go surfing!

I bet you there is a Bimini app, too, lol.

--
I have not found those yet but I think I will save some stuff for the real thing ;) my boating life has been depressing due to time constraints of having limited day light time off it has currently been 7 months since I have had my boat on the water ugh maybe this weekend. So I needed something else to occupy and distract me lol. I did play the suicide squad game and coaster battle last night those were great games on it.