• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Oil and fin report

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Howdy!

So excited. I actually got out on the water this morning. Very nice morning, and Lake Conroe was like glass. Scored a new top speed of 54 mph while I was warming up the engines. Then tossed anchor and changed the oil. I think I can now declare that I have the oil change down to a science, except for still perfecting how to get the filters off without making a mess (I tried the plastic bag method--better, but not perfect).

This is also the first time I have had her out since putting on the Thrust Vector XL's. I am pleased. Much more responsive at low speeds, no impact at high speeds, but no impact really on my ability to do a 360. Also a bit surprised (though I should not have been) at how much better she tracked at no wake speed. Definitely a good purchase for me.

Did I mention I got out on the water? :) :woot: :shamefullyembarrased:

20150125_100248.jpg The requisite pic. ..

i cut the bottom of a milk jug off and use that as a catch for the oil filter removal.

I lay puppy pad or incontinence pad on the bottom of the engine compartment. Soaks up any spill, and I just drop the filter onto it and roll it up.

@Julian , yes, I got some oil pads for that purpose. Smartly, I left them in the compartment with the battery while I changed the oil... Duh.

Back