• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Oil Deal??

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
21 bucks a gallon, or 5.25 a quart is not bad these days

Not like it has a shelf life. This will last me 2 seasons.

Not like it has a shelf life. This will last me 2 seasons.
FYI - unopened oil jugs will typically last about 5 years on the shelf before deterioration. All oil jugs have a production date on them. This co-date will be in various formats, but usually you can figure it out. Typically it's full date code, or it's year/day of year like 21/365. If you see a good price, check the dates and stock up for 2 or 3 seasons worth. When you do the oil change, make sure you shake the jugs vigorously to mix the additives before you pour. I do this for every jug regardless how old it is.

For those Canadians looking for a deal, Canadian Tire has Castrol GTX 10w40 on sale this week.
:)

For those that swear by the OEM filter, I hear they have cardboard internals now, like most other mass manufacturers, no longer use fleece liners. I use Wix wherever I can. When I bought the Wix filters, they were $6.40, there was a coupon on the link. That looks to be gone now. Either way, good prices for these.

21 bucks a gallon, or 5.25 a quart is not bad these days

From what I'm seeing, this has been right around the rolling average price for the past year. My last order shows I got it for $75, but $8-9 doesn't seem to be a terrible increase to me. This has been the way I buy it, rather than go with the kits, as they've always been slightly overpriced vs. buying everything separately. Like @1BadTundra, I found a WIX filter that will fit, and I'll be going that route. Nobody seems to have any conversion info for filters, so I ended up matching thread size and making sure all other dimensions matched up, and I had no issues or leakage with the comparable WIX filter I chose.

For those that swear by the OEM filter, I hear they have cardboard internals now
Confirmed. I posted a link to a current Yamaha filter cut open - it's a basic pleated paper filter no better than an orange can Fram:
Save your money and buy anything else that matches the PH3614 series. If you want to go larger you can match the 3600 series which is my plan for this year - a pair of Fram TG3600 filters cost less than one Yamaha filter.

I've seen that site before. I've got a different filter, but I checked again, and it seems they finally added my filter, as it wasn't on there before. They still only show one K&N, and the Fram family, but it's better than the previous nothingness. I prefer K&N filters, but there wasn't anything on their site either, and I had heard they were having some quality control issues recently, something about a switch in production location and a batch of untrained monkeys that were assembling them ? Happy with the WIX version for this use.

Cross referencing the K&N they say I can use, there's another WIX filter I can use as well.

Back