• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Line Question

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This is a 2000 Yamaha LS2000 that i just received from my cousin and I am fixing it up. I understand that the original oil lines can go bad and should be replaced.

Can someone look at the pictures and tell me if these are the original lines or if they have already been replaced? Also, where would i find the new lines if they needed to be replaced.

Attachments

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! Not sure if they're original or not but I would replace so there's no question if they're bad or not

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! Not sure if they're original or not but I would replace so there's no question if they're bad or not
Thank you for the response. I am not real mechanical, but not afraid of it either. A) are they difficult to change? B) where would i get them?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take some of the old line to a parts store, tell them what it's for and they should have bulk tubing to replace whatcha got. Just have to figure out how much you need

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Your first pic is the supply lines to the two oil pumps. They look like they might be original. I replaced mine but they were in fine shape and could have been left.

Your second pic is the return lines. They have zip ties holding them on which is the cause of failure for many “oil line failures”

The ones that you didn’t picture and the most important are the three that go from each pump to the individual carbs. Six total. If these still have zip ties holding them in place they should be redone before using the boat.

I used Tygon tubing for the smaller lines and fuel tubing for the larger supply lines. Don’t use zip ties...oetiker clamps or hose clamps.

87110708-B60B-45A0-90F7-4D41014CD212.jpeg

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Do you know the 2 sizes of tubing?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think I needed three different sizes

1/8” ID Tygon 20 or 25’ (if not doing the returns 10’ should do it)
1/4” fuel line ... 5’
3/8” fuel ... 5’

I like the Tygon because it’s translucent and you can see if there is oil or air in the lines.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I replaced my lines on my old exciter 270 and just went to hardware store for the line. I DID get extra for a test: i tied a 6"block on side and zip tied it to a smooth nail on the other side. I could pick the block up from the nail and it never slipped. I think it takes a long time for these things to get brittle and crack. I may still have in the garage. I was very impressed with the zip tie honestly but would still prefer a clamp.

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I think I needed three different sizes

1/8” ID Tygon 20 or 25’ (if not doing the returns 10’ should do it)
1/4” fuel line ... 5’
3/8” fuel ... 5’

I like the Tygon because it’s translucent and you can see if there is oil or air in the lines.

Is that per engine? Length wise?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Happy to report, that i got it done! Unfortunately, while doing it, I noticed a hole in the Outer Exhaust Cover on my starboard engine. I am trying to find that piece now with all of the gaskets to be replaced as well. Bust Out Another Thousand

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Happy to report, that i got it done! Unfortunately, while doing it, I noticed a hole in the Outer Exhaust Cover on my starboard engine. I am trying to find that piece now with all of the gaskets to be replaced as well. Bust Out Another Thousand
Exhaust cover? Pics please? Confused what you mean by that. Sometimes we all call the same thing different names.

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Exhaust cover? Pics please? Confused what you mean by that. Sometimes we all call the same thing different names.
I looked at the diagram and it’s what Yamaha calls it. Now to find one pre owned in good condition

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Those exhaust parts when found are/were cheap but i would be more concerned with what happened to yours and what else may have happened

Jfeezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Those exhaust parts when found are/were cheap but i would be more concerned with what happened to yours and what else may have happened
when you can find them used they are around $100, brand new $350-400. From my understanding the holes in the gasket at the end can get clogged and if used in salt water (which my boat was 7-10 years ago) and not flushed the corrosion can eat away at it

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I see a few ones on eBay. Asking $275 though.

I’d post a WTB on Green hulk

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That’s what the boat came with