• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Pan Leak

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have been out a number of times this year and recently have noticed oil in the bilge, center area, not much but enough to see when mixed with a bit of water dripping down from kids walking over the compartment and dripping in.

I bought a telescoping mirror w/a light on a hinge and can see oil weeping out from the starboard engine oil pan. It does not look to be coming from the oil filter, was hoping that might have been a hair bit loose but not the case. The port engine is fine with no oil under the pan. I can not pin point the leak area and it seem to collect on the bolt heads. Oil level is perfect within spec.

Is this a common issue? How concerned should I be? This is the 4th year with the boat, no issues prior to this. It has just under 200 hours on it. '06 SR210.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you using synthetic oil?

Bernd

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seen a couple of drips on the inside of my starboard engine as well. Did you find where its coming from? Nothing from the oil filter here either even so its in close vicinity.

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Seen a couple of drips on the inside of my starboard engine as well. Did you find where its coming from? Nothing from the oil filter here either even so its in close vicinity.
I bought a couple of the extendable mirror 'wands' with integrated LED lights. I wiped all the oil clean with a rag then ran it a while. Then used the mirror. It seems to be dripping/collecting at one of the pan bolts closest to the stb side. I used a socket and very carefully tightened that bolt and the 2 either side of it. This was during winterization so I will find out if that solved the issue next late June/early July when it goes back in!

jack s

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
What was the result of this? I’ve got a brand new 255 and stbd engine is doing the same and gathering on a bolt

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
What was the result of this? I’ve got a brand new 255 and stbd engine is doing the same and gathering on a bolt
It solved the issue and never had a drop of oil since.