• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pressure alarm

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I have about 60 hours in the 2019 fsh 210, and the oil pressure alarm.just came on for the starboard engine. Turned it off and opened the compartment and there's oil everywhere. Limping in on one engine now. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Negative. Sounds like you blew a line. Or possibly the fill cap came off? I’m not an expert on the oiling system by any means.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
100 plus hours no not at all. And I run full out 1/3 of the time, I figure if somethings going to happen I’m gonna do it under the yes warranty. Please post a picture when you find out what blew in case it’s a Wear point or a weak spot. Best if luck with it, that sucks.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
it wasnt the fill cap fort sure. The entire oil in the engine drained into the bilge and came out when I pulled the plug out. Not sure yet where it came from, but it was all over the engine compartment. Thank goodness its still under warranty. Dropped it off at the dealer and hopefully will know something later in the week. And of course this is the best time of year for boating and fishing in Pensacola, with the next three weeekends of an extended snapper season. Sigh

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
it wasnt the fill cap fort sure. The entire oil in the engine drained into the bilge and came out when I pulled the plug out. Not sure yet where it came from, but it was all over the engine compartment. Thank goodness its still under warranty. Dropped it off at the dealer and hopefully will know something later in the week. And of course this is the best time of year for boating and fishing in Pensacola, with the next three weeekends of an extended snapper season. Sigh
Did you look around to see if you could figure out where the oil came from? Someone recently had an oil filter with a hole.....

Any photos?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So he found out how to get all the oil out for a complete oil change. But we have to wait to find out.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dont have photos since I immediately took it to the dealership and dropped it off. I doubt it was anything like a hole in the filter since it had 45 hours since the last oil change. The service manager said it was probably a blown head gasket. I will definitely let you all know when they get back in touch with me. Im hoping they get to it today at some point.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont have photos since I immediately took it to the dealership and dropped it off. I doubt it was anything like a hole in the filter since it had 45 hours since the last oil change. The service manager said it was probably a blown head gasket. I will definitely let you all know when they get back in touch with me. Im hoping they get to it today at some point.
A blown head gasket would usually reveal itself as water in the oil or visible oil leaking from the engine.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Completely blown out and loose bolts. Hopefully just a loose oil filter.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hope so, but I dont know how it came loose after so long working fine. I didnt think those things worked loose. As for water in the oil, I couldnt tell since it all drained into the bilge which already had water in it.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Friend of mine bought a 21 used with only 7 hours. First time out ran into the same thing. Ended up being a small seal at the rear of the engine. Sure made a mess of things! Simple fix and the engine was just fine.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Most common issue with oil filters failing is the filter case rusting and blowing oil out right at the crimp.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I sure hope its that small seal and nothing major. Wanna get back out there now that the weather is starting to get reasonable.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
well apparently I scratched the paint off of part of the oil filter when I did my 10 hour change and have not been spraying enough anti corrosion spray since then. The oil filter rusted and all of the oil drained out. So, $365 later, I got a fancy new oil change on my engines. Sigh.

At least it wasnt anything major.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is. I consider myself lucky

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seriously, if you scratch the oil filter it will rust and blow oil everywhere that quick? Thats insane.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
well that and I wasnt spraying the corrosion spray in the engine that I now know I should have been spraying