• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil spray

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, my buddy is having a problem with his port engine, it’s spraying oil from somewhere behind the engine. He can’t figure out where it’s coming from or what’s back there that would cause it to spray out. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey, my buddy is having a problem with his port engine, it’s spraying oil from somewhere behind the engine. He can’t figure out where it’s coming from or what’s back there that would cause it to spray out. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you
Sorry its a 2017 242 limited s

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Valve cover gasket? No experience with that engine but over filling MR-1s can cause oil pump to push oil into breather lines causing increased pressure in crankcase leading to pushing out semi-circular gasket flaps. image does not show them but, I think there are also two in the back.

1624404775533.png

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would that cause the check engine light to come on if he over filled it with oil?

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And the low oil pressure light came on and the engine shut off

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not know. I would start by looking inside air box.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to replace the rear seal/magneto cover seal on my 2017 212 Limited S at the end of last season. Only had 80 hours on it. I caught it before it really let loose but it would slowly leak oil out of the seal and the crankshaft would sling it under the pto cover and onto the floor. $13 part. 3 specialty tools needed. Engine has to be removed.

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Levi, when it happened did your low pressure light and check engine light come up n and your motor shut right down?

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No it did not. I caught it whenever it just started to leak. So the oil level never got down low enough to give an oil light or shut down. It never actually blew out totally. But what little oil that it dod leak was sprayed all around the rear of the motor.

Diezel

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you sir I appreciate all your help