• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil vs Seadek

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well I pulled the boat out of storage Sunday and decided to change the oil. I have have one of those vacuum oil style extractors. Went to install the tube into the dip stick and the hose extension came out and flung oil that had been sitting in the tube all over the floor and the seadek helm pad. I've tried everything to clean the oil of the seadek to no avail. I was just going to order a complete deck package from Marine Mat but this accident has caused me to change my mind. Just wondering is anyone else has had any luck with oil removal from Seadek style product?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They recommend “Simple Green” and it handles oil fairly well.

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Simple green and a stiff brush

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did things work out, @Tailwaters ? I had a fair amount of red clay spots and some other stains collecting on mine, so scrubbed it down with a brush and Simple Green yesterday. It looks like new again.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No luck. Cleaned it 3 times with simple green and the stains are still there. They're definitely lighter but still there. Not sure I'm willing to fork out $1500 on a kit and potentially have cleaning issues. Never had issues with the Seadek I installed on my last boat but I did have the dimple style finish and not the faux.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Too late now and I know it was an unexpected early accident, but from a tip learned here, I cover the seadek with incontinence pads when I change the oil. Plus they are great for mopping up the oil from the filters that spills. Also, a little sun and time on it may help with a repeat of the scrubbing later. Also, as for $1500, I believe the best time/place to buy is in September when @JetBoatPilot usually does a group buy. Pick what is best for you, though.

ScottyD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check out opgplus.com - really cool product that actually eats the oil...and safe for environment