• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

OK, What am I missing?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting all my "Stuff" ready for the first trip to the river for the season.

So far I've accumulated a bunch of stuff I'll need to wake the old boat up from a brief nap. Most of it is just regular maintenance and cleaning stuff.
The boat was put to bed pretty clean - we didn't go animal on it, but then again, it was kept pretty clean all last season.

In the tote is:

Oil & Filters
Plugs - the sparky kind
Fuel treatment - I'm trying some of that Stabil for Ethanol. It's not a stabilizer (I already have some in there) it's designed for help with the alcohol issues that arise from using blended fuel. All we have over there is E-10
All kinds of wipe down sprays
Polish
Wax
Boeshield
303 Protectant
303 Fabric
Vinyl and Rubber cleaner
Glass cleaner
a few rolls of paper towels
Grease & gun
Spare in a can (pesky trailer tire)
2 doz. micro fiber towels
Bunk Carpet - may or may not get to that
New flags and flag holders

I get the feeling I'm missing something.

Cooler, Ice, & Beer. . . .

BEER and ICE

Boat Keys!

Bumpers, ropes, anchor & line, took kit.

ipod

Boat Keys!

Bumpers, ropes, anchor & line, took kit.

Oh all that stuff is on board.
Heck, I have so much stuff buried inside that boat I'm always finding things. Last year we rafted up with a bunch of friends and floated down the river... I proceeded to have a Garage Sale!
I got rid of 4 or 5 wetsuits the girls had grown out of - nice ones too, barely used. Rash guards, the grandkids scored big time. Floats, vests - I probably have 10 ski vests on board from tiny to XXL.

Oh, just thought of something...I remember using the First Aid kit last year and it needs to be replenished - add that to my list.
My flares are all out of date...Hmmmm, do I get new ones? I'll think on that a while.
I should probably bring a new fire extinguisher. It's been a while since I checked those.
Oh yeah, I need to bring something to get rid of the glue that oozes out from under some of the trim on the boat. That stuff is terrible. Add adhesive remover to the list.

It's all starting to come back to me. Next thing to put on my list for this year is to start a list for next year! If I keep it up, I won't have to do this next year. :cool:

Plugs, the pluggy kind....Xanax......Marine-Tex (just in case) Memorized bathing suit phrases "All that time spent looking was really worth it, you look amazing!" more Xanax....

Just replaced the trim on my storage compartment to get rid of that oozing glue! There's a thread on that....so glad to have that gone!
ugh, I really need to do that... What did you use to get all that sloppy adhesive off?

Xanax was a life saver for me when I went through all those medical issues a couple years ago.
Dan I was just trying to be funny illustrating the stress involved in the first trip making sure everything is perfect... but when you need that stuff its a lifesaver, literally sometimes!

Oil extractor.. the sucking kind..
Check your extinguishers should have two.
Scupper fix yet?

Plugs, the blowout kind? (we carry an extra, just in case! The old saw being that parts you carry replacements for never fail....) =)

Did I order some? I thought I did. I should look into that. I got my flags. I didn't order shirts yet because my wife had to decide...I think.
I have not seen an order from you.

I think Jim keeps his oil extractor on the boat if memory serves me correctly, he is a pack rat.

Yep, that's on board. Probably have enough oil for a change on there too, I just want to make sure I have enough. I probably have 3 extinguishers on there now - 2 ABC and a Halogen. They are probably all charged, but the tags are expired. I just had about 75 re-certified, so I'll grab one just to be safe.

I will certainly scope out the scupper. I'm not about to attempt a replacement on this short trip. Hopefully I'm fine and that can wait until I have more time with the boat. I should probably order the parts, huh?

Today I'm going to finish making my aluminum flag poles for my new flags!

I'm also going to bring some sculpting foam to get a profile on the rub rail to make a purty rub rail splice cap so Impelled can rest easy.

ugh, I really need to do that... What did you use to get all that sloppy adhesive off?

Others have used Googone....I didn't have any and didn't feel like yet another trip to the HW or Auto store that day.....so I used WD 40 and 2 old boat towels that were ready to retire. Worked well enough.

When are you going Jim? We are heading to Havasu this weekend to visit Family, taking the Corvette instead of the boat or ski's.

We are headed out either Thurs. 5/15 late or O'Dark Thirty Friday morning. I just found out we are having additional guests so I'm afraid I won't get as much "Me Time" with the boat as I originally thought. I was hoping to get a few items crossed off my list.

I did wrangle some scrap aluminum out of the recycle bin yesterday to make some flag poles though. I wish the flags didn't have grommets, I could just slip them over. Oh well, I'll use rings and be happy!

flags.JPG

Back