• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Old stereos

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brother in law got me into collecting Some
Legacy stereos and for those that are in the 40-60 year old range you might appreciate these and probably had one at one time. I have a Pioneer SX-850 and Marantz 2216b.

I’m gathering some vinyl records along the way and this has been a great past time for family time and makes good use of the living room that is something our kids hadn’t appreciated until now.

Any others into legacy stereo equip? Let’s see!
C3CDED62-6555-4EE5-BB03-A0459FF9B98E.jpeg

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Marantz 2216b.
Can't remember the model number, but my dad had a Marantz like yours. It was a beast and I've bought nothing but Marantz myself. It's not quite legacy, but it's older:

20200215_141827.jpg

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Forgot to mention that the Infinity fan coolers are awesome - keeps the stereo nice and cool inside the stand. Bought a similar unit to put in my network case to keep everything in there nice and cool as well.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forgot to mention that the Infinity fan coolers are awesome - keeps the stereo nice and cool inside the stand. Bought a similar unit to put in my network case to keep everything in there nice and cool as well.
Yes, did something similar. Great looking Marantz @Compatico

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We had Marantz growing up and it was well made. Knobs, switches and sliders always felt satisfying to use.

I think this preamp, turntable and receiver are what I remember we had. My dad still has them I believe along with the tower speakers.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

I also remember throwing on some old school Pioneer headphones with the coiled cable lol. Good memories!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not in the same league as Marantz or Pioneer Legacy status or with even an analog dial but it is an "Old Stereo". We have had this Technics system for 31 years. 5-disc changer, phonograph, cassette player. It is nice to be able to play some of my vinyl from the 70's.

20200216_134617.jpg

The original speakers are big enough to be furniture.

20200216_142731.jpg

The album cover art can be pretty neat too. A few of my favorites, diverse selection.

20200216_140941.jpg

20200216_140923.jpg

Music with artists recently passed.

20200216_140845.jpg

Last edited:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, those driver surrounds are still there - must have been right around the time they changed from foam to rubber.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice technics setup and 30 years old is good legacy. It’s crazy to see how stuff is becoming collectibles and prices are way up .....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brother in law got me into collecting Some
Legacy stereos and for those that are in the 40-60 year old range you might appreciate these and probably had one at one time. I have a Pioneer SX-850 and Marantz 2216b.

I’m gathering some vinyl records along the way and this has been a great past time for family time and makes good use of the living room that is something our kids hadn’t appreciated until now.

Any others into legacy stereo equip? Let’s see!
View attachment 111703
We had that first piece in our house until I moved out in '97. Always worked flawlessly and made good sound.

I remember as a kid, my dad putting a set of head phones on me when I was like 6 or 7. He had it turned way to loud, and played just the intro to "money for nothing". Loved music ever since.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not in the same league as Marantz or Pioneer Legacy status or with even an analog dial but it is an "Old Stereo". We have had this Technics system for 31 years. 5-disc changer, phonograph, cassette player. It is nice to be able to play some of my vinyl from the 70's.

View attachment 111765

View attachment 111770

The album cover art can be pretty neat too. A few of my favorites, diverse selection.

View attachment 111767

View attachment 111768

Music with artists recently passed.

View attachment 111769
Grandparents have that same Technics setup (cabinet and all) in thier living room. been there for ages. Granddad bought it at Sams (like everything else in the house) after he got DISH for the first time. Install guy said "You really need a good system to appreciate the audio you get on this signal". So he went out and dropped a few grand that night on the whole setup, then spent all day Saturday cussing while running wires.

BigJ

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My HK receiver has 5 more years before it is considered legacy...

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I still have my Marantz 2220, turntable with the diamond needle (w/extras) pioneer 8-Track, Technic Reel-to-Reel, equalizer and Marantz speakers all of which i spent my hard earned dollars back in 1973 working the lettuce fields from 5am to 5pm bussed to New Mexico daily. A collection of vinyl's that are first run and in excellent shape.
Although i had a cassette deck it didn't last but do have a collection of those tapes.
I will say, the BEST radio station back in the day was XROK80 am dial "border blaster" better known as the X. Their is a documentary on it that is a must to watch and hope if you can find it to do post a link to it here. I saw while recovering from brain surgery and it took me back to the day. I feel that was great for my recovering rehab.
ZZ Top sings about it...