• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On my 3rd radio on the SX210.

Bud See

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have put 3 radios in my 2012 SX210, all have failed. The radio has power and will turn on but won't cycle through modes or channels and then won't turn off unless you push the reset button. I have disconnected the remote cable running from the swim platform as someone told me that water was getting into the remote causing the problem.

No help. Anyone had this issue?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah I just installed this splash cover to try and prevent this again when I just replaced my radio.

polly2.jpg polly1.JPG

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have put 3 radios in my 2012 SX210, all have failed. The radio has power and will turn on but won't cycle through modes or channels and then won't turn off unless you push the reset button. I have disconnected the remote cable running from the swim platform as someone told me that water was getting into the remote causing the problem.

No help. Anyone had this issue?
That seems like a lot of gear to go through. Just wondering if you're buying marine grade radios?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had similar behavior, but it was the remote. Disconnected that and normal operation resumed...

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
JBL radio = JUNK. spend $120+ $ 60 for a new head unit and rear remote. all trouble solved. look in my mods list and you will see what i bought, I really like it

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I went thru a few radios myself finally just bought a waterproof Rockford fosgate and remote unit, no more wet radios. FYI marine radios it just a coating to the board and circuits to prevent corrosion not water proofed, will still get damage if in contact with water.