• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One last day on the lake today

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Going to be on Mendota in Madison, WI - look for me in the blue SX230 if you are out there.

Sunny, 78, 2 mph wind. Looks to be a great one!

I am heading out for the second day in a row and last time this year. It's back to my usual watering hole named Lake Zumbro for some water sports

Reactions: 007
That's awesome guys. You're still getting time out on the water. We've been packed up since the kids went back to school.

We did our last day yesterday. We launched in Oshkosh and ran out to Omro for a picnic. Then we headed out on to Lake Winnebago (had to wait for a train to go through at one point) and went up to Neenah to poke our nose in the Fox River on that end. We were on the water from 10:30 a.m. until about 5:00 p.m.

Today the boat got washed, stripped of her gear and prepped for storage. Sta-bil was added and engines were flushed and fogged.

Then the battery came out. That's always the hard one for me. It feel like I'm removing the "heart" of the ship.

After that we went up to the storage building and re-arranged things for 'winter' configuration. Now the Yami is tucked in the way-back of the unit with the sailboat nose-in on the opposite side. It won't be too long before they are joined by the lawnmowers and the utility trailer.

Summer is indeed over.

I'm definitely not looking forward to the last trip, it's been such a great ride so far. I picked her up 6 weeks ago and we've been out on her 8 or 9 times so far. I knew going in it was a little late in the season, but we definitely got some good times in. The kids are already very confident on the wake boards and all the other toys. I guess I should just be grateful I got such a good deal on the boat and it was still early enough in the season to enjoy the tail end of it. Then again, we've got plenty of relatives in Florida and even an empty house with a dock and boat lift on the St Johns to stay in... so maybe we can stretch the season out a little longer! :D

D

We took our last trip yesterday on the Chain of Lakes. Beautiful day. It was nicer than most of July here.....

We were planning on the Starved Rock to Peoria run again in October, but family schedules just won't allow it this year.

Hopefully we get a good season next year!

Eric

If we could just get you all to move to South Florida... where there is no end to the boating season. Even if you don't want to move, you can certainly come and visit ;) we are always open!

I was out for the last time today as well and it was a great day. Brought her back to the house when done and immediately did the oil change. Over the next week will get her cleaned up, waxed and complete winterization.

Yesterday was my family's last day on the water. Today I brought a friend and another family with me for my final time out. The water was pretty messy with leaves and junk floating in many places but it made for a nice obstacle course. I was able to get the tri-fecta in again for the second Sunday in a row. Wake-boarding, wake-surfing, and slalom skiing. Had a blast as usual and now I have to wait for next season. Hopefully we'll be able to start in May instead of July next year and I have to get myself to the Mississippi.

We had our last weekend of playing in the water too! I hate the end of summer. We will still go out and enjoy the water most of the year (I usually keep in the water all year). With the new place I have to watch the water levels and see what happens. I never seem to get enough water time!!!!

All of you that are already putting the boat to bed need to move farther south. We've still got a couple of months left in our season. Then we only have to put her to bed for the short four month off season. I'd go out when the air is on the cool\cold side, but I can't get the rest of the family to join me. I think once my son is older he'll want to go out with his old man in the boat for some winter spins.

Back