• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One motor in my scarab 255 wont start

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
CA244E23-122D-4972-B71F-F17A4E389EB0.jpeg
14EFFB72-4A51-40E3-A44B-6B4926D34A90.jpeg
He folks I need some help, one of my motors of my scarab 255ho (110hours) wont start, start switches work fine (both testes), all visible fuses checked, I can not see the hours in the digital display of the one wont start. I found that the 30amp power shut down relay, located in the fuse box, next to the battery is not working (see pictures), the relay is fine, two of the sockets shoud have 12v in order to make work the coil, but Im just getting 3v.
Any Idea about what might be the cause or where should I look?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So getting low voltage not just none means one of the 12v wires is a turn on/off signal from computer or something like that is my assumption. Check anythng that would keep boat from starting, like the lanyard, throttle putting both gates in neutral etc. That's where i would start.
Then, you somehow may need a wiring diagram or trace the wire to see what it goes to.

Ricardobq

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So getting low voltage not just none means one of the 12v wires is a turn on/off signal from computer or something like that is my assumption. Check anythng that would keep boat from starting, like the lanyard, throttle putting both gates in neutral etc. That's where i would start.
Then, you somehow may need a wiring diagram or trace the wire to see what it goes to.
Any suggestion where to find a wiring diagram? Neutral, lanyard, checked. The other motor is working fine.