• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

"One of these days" finally arrived...

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very excited to say that after being on the 'deposit down' wait list from 2021-10-04 to early August 2022 only to be told our 212 had been canceled and that we could lay claim to an AR250 that didn't get canceled... We are now official boat owners!!!

Took delivery yesterday, got gas, the last USCG required items, and we hit the lake in our new AR250.

I was worried that the move from the 212 to the 250 would be a huge decrease in performance. Nope, she's like a rocket! Shortly after break in, with a full tank, and three adults onboard, we were hitting 45mph with ease. We couldn't get over 7k rpm though. However, I think there may be a bit of play in the throttle cables which are slightly unmatched from each other. Low end torque and hole shot is out of this world!

Yesterday did bring another question. Any help would be most appreciated.

The tubes to the clean out plugs would fill with water. Plugs were in and seated correctly. But, at the end of the day, Port was all the way full, Starboard was about 80% full. I'm guessing by the two drains in that compartment that some seepage is normal? By no means was it a flood the boat with a fountain. Seriously thinking of putting in the port riser from JBP LINK and sealing the decking in that compartment with some silicone.

Attachments

• IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1512.jpg
    IMG_1512.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 71
Congrats. You're gonna love it.
It's completely normal for the water to be in the "tubes".

Love that color combo.

Mind if I ask what OTD pricing was on that thing?

Congrats!!!!!!! Beautiful boat!!!!!!

Love that color combo.

Mind if I ask what OTD pricing was on that thing?
Here's a copy of the buyers order, an early one. The money down was for the deposit. We increased that number at the close out.

1660962638484.png

Congratulations! Nice boat...enjoy it! My ports always have water over the plugs...I believe it comes in through the drain upon stopping / slowing down from plane.

Congratulations !

Looks like your cancellation sort of forced an upgrade in size! It’s a beautiful boat and I’m sure you and your family will make many good memories with it!

Pretty normal to have water in those tubes. I put new seals on my clean out plugs a while back and the port one stays dry-most of the time- starboard is always full. Because of the design of my boats clean out tray area I blocked off that single drain so I know the water comes in around the plugs.

If you are going to seal around the clean out tray be sure you put the sealant on after the tray is installed, and be very careful how tight you tighten the screws as they can strip easily.

Unless your bilge pump is running excessively and you are getting a lot of water out of the drain plug at the end of the day I’d say don’t worry about it. Depending on how you’re planning on servicing your boat, you might want to secure a mighty vac oil extractor, and oil change kits. Unless you are planning on having the dealer service it. In regards to the 7000 rpm’s, did you check the oil level in the engines? Sometimes if they are over filled that can lead to the air filters getting saturated with oil which cuts the revs down.

It’s late in the season, go forth and enjoy your boat as much as possible! There’s plenty of time over the winter to work on your boat.

Congratulations !

Looks like your cancellation sort of forced an upgrade in size! It’s a beautiful boat and I’m sure you and your family will make many good memories with it!

Pretty normal to have water in those tubes. I put new seals on my clean out plugs a while back and the port one stays dry-most of the time- starboard is always full. Because of the design of my boats clean out tray area I blocked off that single drain so I know the water comes in around the plugs.

If you are going to seal around the clean out tray be sure you put the sealant on after the tray is installed, and be very careful how tight you tighten the screws as they can strip easily.

Unless your bilge pump is running excessively and you are getting a lot of water out of the drain plug at the end of the day I’d say don’t worry about it. Depending on how you’re planning on servicing your boat, you might want to secure a mighty vac oil extractor, and oil change kits. Unless you are planning on having the dealer service it. In regards to the 7000 rpm’s, did you check the oil level in the engines? Sometimes if they are over filled that can lead to the air filters getting saturated with oil which cuts the revs down.

It’s late in the season, go forth and enjoy your boat as much as possible! There’s plenty of time over the winter to work on your boat.
We're loving the extra room that the 250 has over the 212 for sure. Trailering, and launching have presented a learning curve. We've had two fully successful days so far and look to have a third one today, weather permitting.

One the first day there was a pretty good amount of water coming from the drain when we pulled out. The second day, not so much. Neither day was there enough to cause an issue. Thank you for the advise on sealing after install and the suggestion on the oil extractor. My plan was to let the dealer handle the 10 hour service just so I have that on record as an official dealer item for resale purposes if that ever happens then handle it myself with receipts for documentation.

Second day we were still at 7k rpm, perhaps a touch more. However, it was just my wife and I yesterday as my son was at work. The subtraction of the third adult and having gone through almost half a tank of gas brought the weight down that with a good tail wind we hit 49 measured via a GPS app on an iPhone. So, that's pretty cool. :)

Oil and air filters will be the first thing we look at today. Every weather app has been saying rain all day every day for the past week and it never materializes. So, our back up plan is to install our Cobra fins under a tent should rain actually happen then hit the water once it stops.

That sounds like an awesome game plan!

The trailering and launching thing will get easier with practice!

Like how many seconds / minutes did the water drain out? Did the bilge pump ever come on during the day? IMHO if you slow down more gradually and don’t let that big wave pick up the rear of the boat there will be less of a geyser under the clean out tray hatch from the water getting pushed up the drains, again, that’s something those drains can be addressed later.

Not a bad call on the dealer doing the 10 hour maintenance…had I that opportunity I probably would have done that myself. Might not be a bad idea to have them put a little anti seize on the spark plug threads when they pull them for inspection.

I was mistaken in my head about which engines your boat has..yours has the 1.8’s which I think turn 7400 max? Whereas the TR-1’s turn 8000..so you are not far off. 45-49 is moving right along on the water, and yes as the fuel load burns off things feel a bit sportier.

Get your fins installed and go burn some more fuel! Go find a nice place to hang out so you and your wife can have a romantic day on the water! Celebrate yo love baby!

Back