• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Only have no wake speed. Throttles only rev engine no impeller it seems

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP] on water first time out. I have no wake speed. When I throttle up the engines just rev and it doesn't seem like the impellers are in engaging? They are spimmging at no wake speed. It's not the buckets. Checked those.

Any ideas. Worked when I put it away for the season.

Sounds very much like your cleanout plugs are out or not locked in place... Check them. Mine did this last time I was out when I thought they were locked and weren't.

Sounds very much like your cleanout plugs are out or not locked in place... Check them. Mine did this last time I was out when I thought they were locked and weren't.
You are a saint. And I'm still a rookie! Thank you sooooo much.

You are a saint. And I'm still a rookie! Thank you sooooo much.
No problem... I've done the exact same thing when under pressure taking friends out at the last minute. Couldn't even get off the trailer. Wasn't until I got back home that I figured out why. Enjoy the rest of the day! :)

Oh... @GiddYupJoe make SURE your bilge pump is on... if your boat is like mine, you might have pumped a ton of water into the bilge when the plugs were out.

@GiddYupJoe

Don't feel bad about it. Many (maybe most) of us have done that at one time or another.

Another great win for this forum and its members!

PS: have a great day on the water!

I chalk it up to all the excitement of the first outing after a looooong winter! Thanks fellas

Been there, done that. It is a bit startling and confusing. Two other classics I have experienced are the OMG my engines won't start (because the throttles are not in idle) or (because the clean out tray pressure switch is not engaged.). Both equally terrifying!

Glad it worked out and that Help worked!

I've done it once in my second time out, luckily I had read this (really the other back then) forum and knew exactly what it was after reving it a couple times.

Glad the "help" reachout took care of you fast! Another happy Jetboaters member enjoying the water! WOOT

I am one of the many who forgot to insert the plugs on one of my first times out with the boat. I pulled it back to the dock and went to get the truck to load it back up. Halfway back to the truck, the light bulb went on. The bad news is that my wife still busts my chops over it.

Hey smthng,, nice haircut.. I seen your profile picture and thought it was a pic of me....:)

Love that this idea "help" has worked again.

Everyone has done it at some point! You'll never forget now. Great lesson!!

yea, I wish I had the @ help back in the day when I was learning all these valuable lessons. I love this @ help....its like AAA or BoatUS towing, you may need it but hope you never have to use it!!

:cool:
Yep, been there too... welcome to the club!!

Last weekend I had two coolers and a generator on my back end and discovered I had forgotten to plug them in!

Back