• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oops I did it again! Clean out plug version!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Nope, not blow out, but forgot to take them out for winter!
Two years in a row now! It goes in my garage so no freezing temps but it swells and is a royal pita to get out! Glad i am taking a break to "watch" church right now.
Tied a rope to a board and tried using leverage but no luck. Sucked water out and letting it dry.
I know i will eventually get it but i have half a notion of buying a boat without these things. Twice it has been useful. Bimini trip, and Lake Cumberland when someone jad a bright idea to drive through the debris field where they had a chipper cleaning up sping debris.(me)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have you put some gasket silicone gel on them? Once you get them out, of course. It helps...

Good luck with the fight.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Have you put some gasket silicone gel on them? Once you get them out, of course. It helps...

Good luck with the fight.
Actually i have usually used a light film of silicone spray in the spring. I honestly think the best way to get them out is to go wave jumping with them unlocked on Lake Michigan. Seems to pop them right out when i don't even try! Lol

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I like the gasket stuff because it is much thicker, so you can get a coating on there that actually mostly stays. I used to put it on every outing--then every other. Now I am down to like 1 or 2 times a year and the gaskets are still like new (disclaimer: stored out of water, only in freshwater--so I am not the extreme use case example).

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, I like the gasket stuff because it is much thicker, so you can get a coating on there that actually mostly stays. I used to put it on every outing--then every other. Now I am down to like 1 or 2 times a year and the gaskets are still like new (disclaimer: stored out of water, only in freshwater--so I am not the extreme use case example).
tdonoughue; what exactly is the "gasket stuff" you use on the clean out plugs? Thanks

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had good luck pouring ice in from above and letting it sit for about 30 minutes the couple times mine did not want to come out. Worth a shot, anyway.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know i will eventually get it but i have half a notion of buying a boat without these things.
Coming from a guy that has owned a SportJet powered SeaDoo, life goes on without cleanout ports. You learn to jump in and make the swim under your boat to pull out weeds. But a person that truly has the thought above of wanting a boat without cleanout ports, they would just stop taking them out. They will be in there pretty permanently. Problem solved, you now have a boat without cleanout ports.

If you have no desire to ever take them out, and love swimming under your boat, let them seize up. At least you won't have to worry about them popping out.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there any way to refurbish the clean out plugs without buying new ones?

the rubber on mine is a little swollen from being left in I guess. I have to do the 2x4 trick to get em out and getting em back in requires a rubber mallet and a pole to deliver force.
They’re a little expensive.....

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
2 things to do with those replace the bottom half part number FOR 676090-09-00 and add ez locks never worry about or fight with them again.

Last edited:

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Nope, not blow out, but forgot to take them out for winter!
Two years in a row now! It goes in my garage so no freezing temps but it swells and is a royal pita to get out! Glad i am taking a break to "watch" church right now.
Tied a rope to a board and tried using leverage but no luck. Sucked water out and letting it dry.
I know i will eventually get it but i have half a notion of buying a boat without these things. Twice it has been useful. Bimini trip, and Lake Cumberland when someone jad a bright idea to drive through the debris field where they had a chipper cleaning up sping debris.(me)
@Speedling .....before you action that notion of no plugs take another jet boat for a run near weeds - better have your speedo handy!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Coming from a guy that has owned a SportJet powered SeaDoo, life goes on without cleanout ports. You learn to jump in and make the swim under your boat to pull out weeds. But a person that truly has the thought above of wanting a boat without cleanout ports, they would just stop taking them out. They will be in there pretty permanently. Problem solved, you now have a boat without cleanout ports.

If you have no desire to ever take them out, and love swimming under your boat, let them seize up. At least you won't have to worry about them popping out.
@biffdotorg .....I am too new to using the "plugs" to have a reliable opinion on this - but - before my SX195 hit the water the first time I ran a band of Yamaha grease around perimeter (about 5 weeks ago) - now they still they come out like a hot knife goes through butter. With less boats in the water where I boat we have a lot more weeds present this year - including at marina slips and even in fairways. Two of kids on a seadoo were getting ready to jump into the water to clear weeds from their boat - in front of marina slips a couple of days ago. I told them to stop. There were big cruisers (with some older models) all around them. I told them I'd tow them to open water at the mouth of the marina to avoid electrical shock hazard. Took ten minutes. We were out on the river for about 5 hours. Slipped my Yammi and went to my car. There was a bottle of rum by the door with a note '"Thanks - those were my kids". Also some afternoons/nights we like to go for a cruise with friends. We have nice shorts/shirts etc. on (yes I always keep a swim suit and scuba mask on board) so I don't want to have to jump in the water to clean weeds. My opinion as a jetboat newbie is (like I treat all my equipment) keep the ports functioning properly - not only for cleaning weeds (which is IMO AWESOME) but also as a great inspection port using a decent LED light. My 2 cents FWIW. :cool:

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just do what I did the other week, back the trailer in, hop in the boat and back it off the trailer slowly. Can’t figure out why I don’t seem to be moving much when I try to go forward, wind is pushing me around. Takes me a couple of minutes to realize I never put the plugs back in after the last time out.....LOL

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg .....I am too new to using the "plugs" to have a reliable opinion on this - but - before my SX195 hit the water the first time I ran a band of Yamaha grease around perimeter (about 5 weeks ago) - now they still they come out like a hot knife goes through butter. With less boats in the water where I boat we have a lot more weeds present this year - including at marina slips and even in fairways. Two of kids on a seadoo were getting ready to jump into the water to clear weeds from their boat - in front of marina slips a couple of days ago. I told them to stop. There were big cruisers (with some older models) all around them. I told them I'd tow them to open water at the mouth of the marina to avoid electrical shock hazard. Took ten minutes. We were out on the river for about 5 hours. Slipped my Yammi and went to my car. There was a bottle of rum by the door with a note '"Thanks - those were my kids". Also some afternoons/nights we like to go for a cruise with friends. We have nice shorts/shirts etc. on (yes I always keep a swim suit and scuba mask on board) so I don't want to have to jump in the water to clean weeds. My opinion as a jetboat newbie is (like I treat all my equipment) keep the ports functioning properly - not only for cleaning weeds (which is IMO AWESOME) but also as a great inspection port using a decent LED light. My 2 cents FWIW. :cool:
That was the point of my post. If you have the cleanout plugs, keep them operational. It’s a stupid comment to wish you had a boat without them, when you have a boat with them..