• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

opportuneconsignmentpoint.com??

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone ever bought or sold anything through them? Looking at a pair of wave runners through them and looking for honest feedback.

Thanks!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JBHBFamily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Anyone ever bought or sold anything through them? Looking at a pair of wave runners through them and looking for honest feedback.

Thanks!
Did you end up going through with a purchase. Have found out this was a scam and looking for other victims. No help from Police Dept.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No I didn’t. The “seller” stopped emailing me when I asked if he was original owner. I did a search on the vessel numbers and they were registered to an address near Houston to a different name. That was the red flag for me. The service itself seemed legit with info online about it but something still was amiss.

Things didn’t add up so I let it go. I think I’ll stick to in person transactions.

Sorry to hear you got screwed. What happened specifically?

JBHBFamily

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Well hindsight is 20/20 right? It started with a craigslist add then moved over to the consignment company. We did end up "purchasing" the jetskis and unfortunately are out that money. No help from county sheriffs office so pursuing all avenues of reporting/ complaints for online fraud and scams. Scary because everything looked legit. Very professional. We felt uncomfortable too, but didn't trust our gut instincts. Glad y'all did!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh man. I’m sorry to hear that. I hate scammers and con artists who take folks’ hard earned money. I hope you can find an avenue to seek some form of justice or at the very least keep it from happening again.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Well hindsight is 20/20 right? It started with a craigslist add then moved over to the consignment company. We did end up "purchasing" the jetskis and unfortunately are out that money. No help from county sheriffs office so pursuing all avenues of reporting/ complaints for online fraud and scams. Scary because everything looked legit. Very professional. We felt uncomfortable too, but didn't trust our gut instincts. Glad y'all did!
That happened to me too, except it was a trailer I found on Craig’s List. How did you pay for them? I used PayPal and ended up going through them to recover my money. Can’t believe people get away with this!

RayV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Thanks!
Stay away from OCP!!! We got scammed on a trailer purchase, and have filed a report with the FBI and FTC - we are out the money. Website owner is shown as being in Holland, address shown on the web for the business is a parking ramp.

RayV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Did you end up going through with a purchase. Have found out this was a scam and looking for other victims. No help from Police Dept.
We got scammed on a trailer purchase. Shortly after the purchase processed, the phone and email went silent, and website went down. Report is now filed with FTC and FBI. I would suggest doing the same. Maybe if enough people complain, they can be stopped from scamming others.

RayV

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That happened to me too, except it was a trailer I found on Craig’s List. How did you pay for them? I used PayPal and ended up going through them to recover my money. Can’t believe people get away with this!
You got lucky! We fell for it with a wire transfer of the funds. That money (from our retirement fund) is gone!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hate to hear things like this happen to good people! How much were the skis? We all now know to avoid the site so thanks for posting about it.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know opportuneconsignmentpoint.com are scammers. People will google them and perhaps find this info too, so not just good for us...but lots more too!

The site itself if no longer online.....but I'm sure they will pop up elsewhere under a different name....hate scammers!

opportune consignment point

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if I understand this correctly some are redirected from a legit Craigslist site to this scam site? Is the Craigslist posting part of the scam?

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've sold and also bought several items on craigslist to include a few vehicles. I will only accept cash on hand and will only exchange title/mechandise at that time. I can't tell you how many times I've been contacted by someone with a BS story like "I'm stationed overseas and buy this for my mother......bla bla bla. I'll trade you my winning Nigerian lottery ticket for you vehicle. Send me your bank account information and I deposit the money." Ok buddy, as soon as I can find a place to park the turnip truck I feel off of last night, I'll send you the info. Better yet, wire the money to your mother, send her to her bank to withdrawal cash and tell her to give me a call when she has it in hand. My advice: If it looks or sounds too good to be true, it probably is and use common sense.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So if I understand this correctly some are redirected from a legit Craigslist site to this scam site? Is the Craigslist posting part of the scam?
They are likely just copying legit posts and representing themselves as the seller. If you ask them for specific photos, they'll ask the actual seller for them, then pass them on to you, so it will seem real. Scum of the earth...