• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opps... I did it again! Purchased AR250

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone!
Back in a boat finally after a few years. Sold my SX230, now back in a AR250.
Only a few hour on it. Break-in done, and loving it so far!

Attachments

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome, love the color combo! So I have been trying to determine if the speaker are now 8.0" diameter vs the older 6.5" on the 240-242's

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, love the color combo! So I have been trying to determine if the speaker are now 8.0" diameter vs the older 6.5" on the 240-242's
No, 6.5” all the way around. With a 6 ch Wet Sounds Amp driving it. Great aound, very satisfied.

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tough decision, the advantages of the X series are specific to wake sports out of the box. So that in itself is a big advantage. I’ve surfed both boats, X is much better. However, they offer a wake booster for the AR250, which should improve things. Still tbd.
Overall pleased with the AR, but if you can save coin, and get a good X series, probably a better choice for Wake Sports...

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on how big you want to go. I’m not and its a decent wave. Check out youtube on Wake Booster. Looks good without, but even better with.

Zuppy51

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No experience with ballast sacs. Sorry.

Hooker47d

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
Congrats I just got mine too!! Put 1.5 hours on it so far. Not too shabby. Only had the engines to 5500 rpm so far and saw 38 ish

Attachments