• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Orange Theory Fitness

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife has been doing Orange Theory for a while and she finally talked me in to going with her. Wow what a workout. Has anyone here tried it? I burn anywhere from 850 - 950 calories during the hour workout. They really put you in the uncomfortable zone during the workout. Think I’m going to join up to bust my ass in to better shape for summer.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I did it back in college. It is great for burning calories, however at the end of the day you still need to be aware of what your putting into your body to get the results you want.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did it back in college. It is great for burning calories, however at the end of the day you still need to be aware of what your putting into your body to get the results you want.
Agree. I also go to LA fitness to lift weights since OT is more cardio based workout.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Agree. I also go to LA fitness to lift weights since OT is more cardio based workout.
Same here. I am not a cardio guy what so ever. Love to lift heavy (at least heavy to me lol). Plus weight lifting burns more calories in the long run.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same here. I am not a cardio guy what so ever. Love to lift heavy (at least heavy to me lol). Plus weight lifting burns more calories in the long run.
Yep. More muscle is always better. I do my cardio though for cardiovascular and heart health.

Legolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I too was ashamed when my sister took me to the gym. She first insinuated that I should help myself to lose weight, then she told me that exercise helps to stabilise my blood sugar with my diabetes. Then she brazenly gave me a gym membership. I went for about a semester, then bought a smart scale and wanted to know my BMI. Anyway, according to this data, I lost almost 27% of my weight, and 18 of it was fat. At the same time my diabetes got easier as I was burning off most of the energy. But I didn't keep the diet, I wasn't allowed to. And I hardly restricted myself in food.

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Lol' summer bud starts in the winter.....i have a program called Active n Fit basicly $25 a month and i go to any gym around my hotels on overnight in every city.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol' summer bud starts in the winter.....i have a program called Active n Fit basicly $25 a month and i go to any gym around my hotels on overnight in every city.
I have a program for you, LOL. Follow me around my woods in Vt. for a week wearing snowshoes. I guarantee you will lose 15#'s, if it does not kill you first. I lost nearly 20#'s of beer weight this Winter. No more love handles. It's been my go-to beach body weight loss routine for the last 6 years. 🏋️‍♂️ 🥵 😵 ⛵

Last edited:

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I have a program for you, LOL. Follow me around my woods in Vt. for a week wearing snowshoes. I guarantee you will lose 15#'s, if it does not kill you first. I lost nearly 20#'s of beer weight this Winter. No more love handles. It's been my go-to beach body weight loss routine for the last 6 years. 🏋️‍♂️ 🥵 😵 ⛵
Lol' my dirt my races are 2 hours long hare scrambler ' i do go Stowe to snowboard when i have long overnights in Burlington' done 12hrs dirt bike races in Colorado pretty much i stay active and fit just by not staying put at all. Im always on the move dirt biking atving snowboarding racing mtb you name it i do it. :) and im 51

19520_600621160073712_1319293930615733066_n.jpg11130372_10152784511318457_4258690101177271708_o.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lol' my dirt my races are 2 hours long hare scrambler ' i do go Stowe to snowboard when i have long overnights in Burlington' done 12hrs dirt bike races in Colorado pretty much i stay active and fit just by not staying put at all. Im always on the move dirt biking atving snowboarding racing mtb you name it i do it. :) and im 51
62 later this year. It gets harder to stay active. More pain involved.

Last edited:

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
71 this year and it gets harder all the time to do the intense stuff. I managed to lose 35 lbs over the last year by realy watching portion size and laying off the stuff that is not good for my diabetes anyway. I am glad that it is starting to warm up here in Houston because I swim at least four times a week ehen the pool is warm enough.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
My wife has been doing Orange Theory for a while and she finally talked me in to going with her. Wow what a workout. Has anyone here tried it? I burn anywhere from 850 - 950 calories during the hour workout. They really put you in the uncomfortable zone during the workout. Think I’m going to join up to bust my ass in to better shape for summer.
do you still do OTF? Which one did you go to, I'm in the same "boat" right now with my wife! We go to the Roswell Road and Johnson Ferry OTF

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife did it before. She didn't really like it. She preferred burn boot camp. She said they did too much running, which felt like filler vs actual exercises.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wife did it before. She didn't really like it. She preferred burn boot camp. She said they did too much running, which felt like filler vs actual exercises.
My wife's friend likes the boot camp as well. She's been in OTF for 5 years now and is starting to get burned out on it. OTF started doing LIFT classes, which are just weight floor exercises, which is nice to fill in and lift heavy things for 45 minutes.

I enjoy then run to row classes at OTF, where you run and then row declining distances. Its engaging to get on and off different machines as quick as you can to keep your heart rate up.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Been a beachbody streaming member for a long time, the whole family uses it. Wife loves her yoga and light weight work outs, I've been doing LIFT and my sons are in to the heavy weight stuff, but they still can't beat old dad in arm wrestling 💪. I was so glad we had a home gym before Covid hit,, I have 200 sq ft of padded floor, powerblocks, pull up bar, bench and some yoga gear.

Also got my wife some bikinis for Christmas keeps us both motivated to stay fit for the summer boat dates 😎

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Biking (about 5,000 miles a year) and some running here.

55 years old and Garmin says my fitness age is 20 (in the top 1% for men my age).

Screenshot_20220314-172852.png

Currently challenging my 28 year old son (officer in the Navy) to see who can run a sub 20:00 5k first.

gastontank

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Each workout according to the Orange Theory of Fitness includes treadmill, indoor rowing and strength training in the gym. All participants use a heart rate monitor with real-time readings during exercise. Orange theory fitness classes are small enough to create a sense of community, where participants and fitness instructors know each other very well. Most classes have no more than 24-26 participants. The workout focuses on heart rate, which is the highlight of these types of workouts. I have always taken supplements for this type of workout.

Last edited:

Gap22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife and I have been going to OTF for over a year now. We go twice a week. We really like it because without the "class" regimen we are unlikely to just work out. I like that the classes are different every time.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yeah, OTF fan here.. My wife and I have been going for about 2yrs now… it’s been a good experience. After a while it starts to become a family after getting to know the people that go to same classes/times. Lots of fun.

I will say the calories burned seem inflated a bit with the OTF monitor. I use “orange zone” app on my Apple Watch to compare and over the hour class there usually is about 200 difference. Meaning the zone app shows about 200 calories lower.

Either way, it’s not the cheapest membership I have ever had but I enjoy working out with my wife and the group in our classes are a lot of fun and joke around.

We are in the Newnan OTF.

hristopushing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I haven't tried it as I am doing other cardio workouts (as part of the martial arts training), but I've seen people in great shape going there and coming out as if they had the hardest training of their lives. I used to underestimate these workouts before, but I went to a few similar classes and realized it's much harder than it initially seemed. It is especially fruitful when you mix it with weight lifting, proper nutrition, and supplements. Did any of you try RAD 140? What were the effects, and how did you feel about it?

Last edited: