• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ordering a WakeBooster

Raymond Powell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have been trying to order a WakeBooster from my local dealers. I understand they are backordered and not shipping at this time. but nobody is even willing to take an order for one. Is this the norm or are there dealers out there taking ordered and or getting them in? Is there anywhere online to order one from yet? Thanks for any help or sugestions. In the Flint Mi area.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don’t think any dealer is currently able to order them. From what I’ve deduced dealers are getting in their preorders and most people that are getting them got their name on a “list” that they wanted one when they came in. I had my name on the list beginning of Dec and still waiting. 24’ packages have been showing up for a month or so but the 21’ packages are just starting to show up now at dealers. Last I checked sounds like for me it will be another week or two yet before I we see the 21’ packages at the dealer here.

Jack Long

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered and paid for mine at the Nashville boat show this year. Was told it would be in by March. Now its almost June and still nothing from the dealer. So I called Yamaha corporate. They told me that each dealer was given the opportunity to order a limited number to initially sell "however they wanted."

So now I am wondering if the dealers are using them as a tool to sell new boats!

Has anyone in Tennessee received one and if so, did you buy a new boat or pre-order?

Last edited:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Dealer here is saying they ordered a batch of 24' packages and a batch of 21' packages. They have recieved the entire batch of 24' packages but that Yamaha keeps pushing back the delivery date of the 21' packages. New date as of yesterday is 6/6. Always a chance the dealer is BS'ing me but I choose not to believe that for now. From the sounds of it the same story is across many other dealers.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Dealer here said check back in June. Want to be added to the “list”? I said sure. Prob won’t buy one due to having to buy the “package”. 🖕🏻Yamaha.

cwood

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered and paid for one last September. I spoke with the dealer today and he said the delivery date was updated to early June. He said his level of confidence on that date is low as Yamaha has continued to move the delivery date.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same experience here. To get on the list, pay-up, and we'll call you when one is available. If this drags out very long, this will be a BIG MISS as this is the beginning of the season....people don't want their new toys they ordered ages ago delivered in late August.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
BIG MISS, yes, but already happened. Season is here. At this point I’d rather wait for a knock off to be developed and pay someone else rather than Yamaha. Think about it, if someone made one for $500, who wouldn’t buy it. Again, Yamaha fail.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
yeah I just don't get. Even the dealer is perplexed. Big company like Yamaha can't get the manufacturing together for a simple piece of welded aluminum. There is a story behind all this I'm sure, just doesn't make sense.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 2019 242X is suppose to come with one and the dealer said he hasn't gotten any for his 242X customers yet. I asked for an ETA and the dealer just shrugged his shoulders. So, just took my existing wake wedge and got the new bar to fit the new boat. Should be here shortly!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealer here said check back in June. Want to be added to the “list”? I said sure. Prob won’t buy one due to having to buy the “package”. 🖕🏻Yamaha.
I’ll probably regret asking...but why all the Yamaha butt hurt?

Hobson 76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is my very first post on jetboaters....
I have the 2019 212x paid for the wake booster package when I bought the boat back in March 19. I have been told since then backordered, we don’t know when it will be in I thought BS. This doesn’t make since, called Yamaha customer service they were not helpful just first batch had been sent out to dealers and only way can get one is if you buy a 2019 x series boat. I don’t know if it’s my dealer or Yamaha and it’s summer and I’m ready to try wake surfing in my new boat.

Scott Gore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my Yamaha 242x e-series in late October of 2018 and just received my Wakebooster kit the first week of May 2019. That was after many phone calls to the dealership and many more to Yamaha customer service. It’s difficult to understand how a corporation this large could market and sell this product without actually having it on the shelf. Once you get yours, you’ll like it, it works great! Just gives you a bad feeling about Yamaha having to wait so long.