• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

orphan Sugarsand

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet boat, and nice camping area! :thumbsup:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As stated above, that is a sharp looking boat! I think I could stay at that camping spot all summer long.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome camp site!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is the Sugar Sand that I used to have. 2004 Sugar Sand Tango - 210 hp of pure fun! I wish they never stopped making these. I like the orange ones the best myself.

DSC_0086.jpg DSC_0088.jpg

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Cool spot. Where is that?
Lower Wisconsin river,very skinny water but my favorite camping area.Not unusal to find my self in afoot or less of water:jawdrop:

Last edited:

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the Sugar Sands boats, but Bilmons is sharp looking.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I'm not familiar with the Sugar Sands boats, but Bilmons is sharp looking.
Thanks Kelso, it's holding up well for a 11 year old boat. Not many around, I've only run into one other. Don't know how many they built, was made in Fargo,ND They were in production from the early 90's till 08. Recently heard they are restarting production on a limited basis with the Tango model first, the larger ones to follow maybe next year. Saw pictures from a boat show in Minniapolis in Jan. Gonna be built in MN.Great looking rig you have there, If I decide to go larger it will be a Yamaha,don't see ever going back to a prop.

Bill

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bill, I had heard that they were going to start building again also. However, I had been hearing that since 2008. Maybe, they really are going to start rebuilding again? That would be great!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Bill, I had heard that they were going to start building again also. However, I had been hearing that since 2008. Maybe, they really are going to start rebuilding again? That would be great!
I had been hearing that too, now, however,they have a facebook page with pics of a tango being built as well as boat show pics.Would be great if it works out,more makers can't help but improve the breed.

Bill

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had waited a while to buy a bigger Sugar Sand. I got tired of waiting and ended up buying the Yamaha. I love the Yamaha. My old Tango was a blast though! I would love to see Sugar Sand back in the market!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boats. I always liked the Sugar Sand. I know of four in my life. They hold up well.

TangoXtremeGal

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New here. Love my 2002 Tango Xtreme & need an intake grate. How can I search for ine? Thoughts?

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The intake grate is manufactured by mercury just like the engine and the pump. I bought online from a place in Florida but I don't recall the name of the place. There were at least three models, the surge grate which was hinged at threading edge and two fixed grates with a different number of tines on each. Try doing a search for mercury sport jet parts.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
New here. Love my 2002 Tango Xtreme & need an intake grate. How can I search for ine? Thoughts?
You can get them from Mercury. Three styles is correct. the stock HydroSurge, also known as the hydrosuck, can have tines break which will destroy the pump. My son in law had it happen on his Seadoo Challenger.The other two are a six tine aluminum and the one I run , a eleven tine stainless It probably will clog the easest but nothing gets past it. Would be a pain if you run in weeds though.Think I paid just under 200 for it.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

TangoXtremeGal

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20140716_153305_LLS.jpg Thanks Bilmon & Ronnie. I purchased a 6 tine inlet screen from boatingstoreus.com. Best price at $161.95. I think the original was a hydro"suck"... check what it looked like when I replaced it!