• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Our shortest boating trip ever....

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got to the boat ramp and everything looked good until we got all the way down to the water and realized that there was 8 feet of stinky thick river mud up the boat ramp, most of it at least 5 inches thick. I had just cleaned the boat and wasn't about to put the trailer in mud up to it's axles. In the video you can see some fisherman come and launch their boat. The mud COVERED the back of his trailer. It was almost 6pm and we would have had to fight rush hour traffic anywhere we went so we decided to wait for another day. We had packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner so we sat in the boat and ate in the parking lot.

The one postive thing is that I figured out how to set up my gopro on the boat and I think it will make for some great videos this summer.

Hey buddy I have a GoPro black edition. What exactly did you use to mount the GoPro on the tower. I have to do this on my 212X Tower??

Great attitude Vollfas, that is, learn something from every experience, even if experience ends up being what you get instead of getting what you want. The glass is always half full.

My shortest trip was after buying a Used Seadoo which ran fine on land, the battery ended up being dead. I found this out as soon as I got it in the water for the first time. Not wanting that to be my first experience in a new too me boat, I retrailered it, found and local auto parts store, bought and installed a new battery and headed back to the lake for a few hours on the water with my wife. The only other trip I can think of that was shorter is one where I forgot the keys and after sitting in traffic to get out late in the day I knew I be in more on the way home so I took the opportunity to launch the boat anyway and work on the trailer instead of boat.

Nice placement of the camera by the way, no tower cross bar in sight. I'm guessing you mounted the camera over it.

What's the water temp there? My lake the water is only 55 degrees, so there is no way I'm getting in yet!

Hey buddy I have a GoPro black edition. What exactly did you use to mount the GoPro on the tower. I have to do this on my 212X Tower??

I used the GoPro Roll Bar Mount, it worked great.

Nice placement of the camera by the way, no tower cross bar in sight. I'm guessing you mounted the camera over it.

I actually had it under the cross bar, and changed the camera settings to inverted, or something like that. I will have to figure out a different spot for this summer since my bimini goes right under the cross bar.

What's the water temp there? My lake the water is only 55 degrees, so there is no way I'm getting in yet!

Not sure of the water temperature but it has to be pretty cold... It was about 80 degrees outside and I wanted to do a post winter shake down run. For sure we weren't going to be jumping in the water :D.

You will have to show me your go pro mount on sunday when you come over @Volffas I been toying with the idea of getting one

Great video, thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the tip @justason. It doesn't look like they have the roll bar mount, but they have plenty of other goodies, some of them at a good price and free shipping. http://www.dx.com/s/gopro+accessories

How long does it usually take to get things from them?

@Volffas I just ordered a bunch of random stuff from them. Took about 12-14 days or so to get it. They ship directly from China. Good quality stuff though. Saved a lot compared to other sites.

Thanks for the tip @justason. It doesn't look like they have the roll bar mount, but they have plenty of other goodies, some of them at a good price and free shipping. http://www.dx.com/s/gopro accessories

How long does it usually take to get things from them?

it can be hit or miss. i think they have a warehouse stateside now. My first order from them i had to sign for at the post office. now its straight to the mailbox. @GiddYupJoe estimate is fair

https://www.dx.com/p/hgybest-protective-eva-camera-storage-bag-for-gopro-hd-hero-3-3-2-black-300160

That is a hilarious video. Bad situation, sorry, but it was funny to watch your posture change when you get out of the truck at the ramp. Maybe next time.

I just looked at that site with the gopro accessories and they have some amazing deals. I'm going to spend a few buck there for sure.

Check the wasabi battery combo on amazon, 2 batteries and a wall charger for $30 shipped.

I just realized how far forward the tower on my boat is swept. I have the flat mounts under the tow point, one at the front and one at the back. If I use the front mount and face the camera forward I get none of the cockpit in the shot, just the bow. The tow point is pretty much over the center window and I can turn the camera on and off by reaching up from the driver's area.

The tow point on the boat pictured looks like its past the edge of the window frame and possible over the rear cockpit seats.

Last edited:
I just got my pass today, they said the dredge was broken and that they were working on fixing it. She said to call the office and she'd let me know when they are going to dredge. They always seem to dredge when it's 80 and clear on the weekend so make sure to call and find out! I'll let you know what I find out as well.

The little one in the seat at the end cracks me up. My almost 2 year old does the same thing-turn turn turn, throttle throttle, button button button, turn turn turn, button button button....

The little one in the seat at the end cracks me up. My almost 2 year old does the same thing-turn turn turn, throttle throttle, button button button, turn turn turn, button button button....

He will be 2 in July. He was in my truck the other day and turned the 4 wheel drive on without me knowing it. I drove a short distance and thought "man, something doesn't feel right". Then I looked down and noticed I was in 4 wheel high. He loves any and all kinds of knobs, wheels and cell phones.

I just got my pass today, they said the dredge was broken and that they were working on fixing it. She said to call the office and she'd let me know when they are going to dredge. They always seem to dredge when it's 80 and clear on the weekend so make sure to call and find out! I'll let you know what I find out as well.

I will be sure to call first now. Usually I swing through and check things out before I pick up the boat. This time I was in a hurry, drove through looked down the ramp and noticed the dock was in and kept driving without pulling down the ramp to see the mud. My Uncle went fishing yesterday morning and launched his boat from there. Apparently they came through on Tuesday and pushed all of the mud from the ramp down into the water. He said the ramp was clear but the mud was crazy thick in the water. He said when he bought his day pass on Tuesday afternoon the lady didn't say a word that it hadn't been dredged. He was able to put his boat in, but he said it was very shallow.

Hopefully they will get it taken care of soon. If you hear anything please let me know. Thanks!

He will be 2 in July. He was in my truck the other day and turned the 4 wheel drive on without me knowing it. I drove a short distance and thought "man, something doesn't feel right". Then I looked down and noticed I was in 4 wheel high. He loves any and all kinds of knobs, wheels and cell phones.
That's hilarious cause mine did the same thing about 3 weeks ago! I was driving to work and thought something didn't seem right when I turned, it was in 4x4, my headlights were bright...later that day when it warmed up I realized my AC vent was closed. Mine turns 2 in June.

Back