• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outfitting a 2022 210 FSH Deluxe

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My 2022 210 FSH Deluxe has arrived at my dealer Chatlee Boats Sanford NC, I plan on picking it up in November

I have gotten a set of Thrust Vectors from the previous group sale.
I have ordered Megaware KeelGaurd in white for it.
I have also ordered a Parkit360 Powered Dolly so I can get it into and out of my garage for winter storage

I have a canopied boat lift that once held a 35ft Marlago but presently has a a 218 dlv Carolina skiff on it.
I also have a elevated boathouse with a lift underneath but not sure it could take the weight.

Looking for any other recommendations on things to have.

Attachments

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nice looking boat! Congratulations!

Just wondering if you considered getting the boat without a bimini and adding a folding t-top?

Are you planning on adding a trolling motor and additional batteries?

I'm still kicking around ideas on the boat to get.

Jim

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice looking boat! Congratulations!

Just wondering if you considered getting the boat without a bimini and adding a folding t-top?

Are you planning on adding a trolling motor and additional batteries?

I'm still kicking around ideas on the boat to get.

Jim
I was first looking at the Sport but the 218 dlv just barely fits under the roof even with some of the rafters missing where the t-top is so I figure I can lay the Bimini back down then I will be higher out of the water when we get high water
attached photo was Arthur in May 2020

On trolling motor - possibly
I am Doing research on depth finder/ fish finder electronics ( I’ll install that while it’s in the garage )

Attachments

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very nice setup..
trailer dolly's are fun..used to park boat and camper in a carport using a trailer valet xl manual cranking dolly.
be sure to let us know how the parkit does.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was first looking at the Sport but the 218 dlv just barely fits under the roof even with some of the rafters missing where the t-top is so I figure I can lay the Bimini back down then I will be higher out of the water when we get high water
attached photo was Arthur in May 2020

On trolling motor - possibly
I am Doing research on depth finder/ fish finder electronics ( I’ll install that while it’s in the garage )
Most all of the electronics out there are great! They all use the same technology, the difference is either how you feel about the user interface, how it looks, and what features there are. My two cents here is to buy the best unit you can get. I personally went for the Humminbird Solix as it is touch screen, and the Solix will interface with the MinnKota trolling motor I have. There are also other products that Johnson outdoors makes such as the cannon down riggers, shallow water anchors, and radar, all of which work in what Humminbird calls their one boat network.. and tie into the Solix.

Congrats on the new boat you will love it!

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
ITISLL Portable Garden Pump Sprayer Brass Wand Shoulder Strap for Yard Lawn Weeds Plants 1Gal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYR7HJV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_N5QNVBMMBQN79CK7JEHD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Salt-Away Products Cleanser Concentrate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXVG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_VSJHAYDCVQ89BKMN76S5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

CRC 6008 6-56 Multi-Purpose Lubricant, 1 Gal, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY2HN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_S99KRVPZ7T91XJ6SCY7J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

STA-BIL 360 Marine Ethanol Treatment and Fuel Stabilizer - Prevents Corrosion - Helps Clean Fuel System For Improved In-Season Performance - Treats Up To 320 Gallons, 32 fl. oz. (22240) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CAW2DK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_168SSVQVEYAZFFS0E6ZR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Gasoila Lube-It All Heavy Duty Silicone Lubricant, Industiral Strength Multi-Use Lubricant, 10 oz. Aerosol (LA12SL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZ9BB8H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_ZXMZAG8SJ1T2AWQ4PBTA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Stainless Steel Drain Twist Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LYCEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_8JDVEJ9Q4YH3XRM94X4P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yamaha Watercraft 3 Cylinder TR-1 Oil Change Kit - LUB-3WTRC-KT-20 VX, EX, V1, EXR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QWNGPBH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_C91SNHZ1ZBKCBD390TEG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 12" simrad go xse installed. Prob the largest that can be installed. It inter faces with a motorguide trolling motor. Works good.

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
ITISLL Portable Garden Pump Sprayer Brass Wand Shoulder Strap for Yard Lawn Weeds Plants 1Gal https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYR7HJV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_N5QNVBMMBQN79CK7JEHD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Salt-Away Products Cleanser Concentrate https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AXVG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_VSJHAYDCVQ89BKMN76S5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

CRC 6008 6-56 Multi-Purpose Lubricant, 1 Gal, 1 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY2HN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_S99KRVPZ7T91XJ6SCY7J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

STA-BIL 360 Marine Ethanol Treatment and Fuel Stabilizer - Prevents Corrosion - Helps Clean Fuel System For Improved In-Season Performance - Treats Up To 320 Gallons, 32 fl. oz. (22240) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CAW2DK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_168SSVQVEYAZFFS0E6ZR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Gasoila Lube-It All Heavy Duty Silicone Lubricant, Industiral Strength Multi-Use Lubricant, 10 oz. Aerosol (LA12SL) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZ9BB8H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_ZXMZAG8SJ1T2AWQ4PBTA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Stainless Steel Drain Twist Plug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0019LYCEE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_8JDVEJ9Q4YH3XRM94X4P?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Yamaha Watercraft 3 Cylinder TR-1 Oil Change Kit - LUB-3WTRC-KT-20 VX, EX, V1, EXR https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QWNGPBH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_C91SNHZ1ZBKCBD390TEG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
So for being such a Newbee, I have been away from boating for some 6 years and this will be my first brand new boat and I figure on doing things right from the first as preventive maintenance Thanks for the help.

I assume the garden spray is for the Salt-Away To wash the boat
Do you also use the Salt-Away as an engine flush?
I live on the New River in Jacksonville NC Brackish water, salinity ranges from .06 when rainy to .14 when it’s droughty. Crabs always available but better when it’s a drough. Don’t plan on going into the Ocean but will go to the inlet and inter coastal waterway.

where and how is the 6-56 lubricant used?

i plan on only using non-ethanol gas, but is it still good to use the Sta-Bil all the time or just at the end of the season if only non-ethanol is used?

Silicon lubricant spray Where and when is it to be used?

Drain plug is self explanatory, but is this twist to tighten better than the snap-flip ones? 1 inch is proper size?

Won’t two Oil change kits be needed since 210 FSH is a twin engine? How often is the oil change done?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So for being such a Newbee, I have been away from boating for some 6 years and this will be my first brand new boat and I figure on doing things right from the first as preventive maintenance Thanks for the help.

I assume the garden spray is for the Salt-Away To wash the boat
Do you also use the Salt-Away as an engine flush?
I live on the New River in Jacksonville NC Brackish water, salinity ranges from .06 when rainy to .14 when it’s droughty. Crabs always available but better when it’s a drough. Don’t plan on going into the Ocean but will go to the inlet and inter coastal waterway.

where and how is the 6-56 lubricant used?

i plan on only using non-ethanol gas, but is it still good to use the Sta-Bil all the time or just at the end of the season if only non-ethanol is used?

Silicon lubricant spray Where and when is it to be used?

Drain plug is self explanatory, but is this twist to tighten better than the snap-flip ones? 1 inch is proper size?

Won’t two Oil change kits be needed since 210 FSH is a twin engine? How often is the oil change done?
Salt away is for flushing the motors, get the kit with the adapter to switch between rinse and salt-away . I dont wash the boat with salt away, i do rinse my motors with it twice a year and also my trailer gets sprayed with Saltaway as soon as i drop the boat in the water at the ramp.

The garden sprayer is for the 656 crc lubricant. it has an articulating head on the wand, that is the only reason i like that sprayer. This allows you to fog your motor and all engine bay components with ease. i apply the 656 twice a year after i clean the motors and aft exhaust locker area. also, i spray all the exterior running gear with it( jet nozzles, steering components ect..) after boat gets washed and dried off. Although, i just bought a gallon of corrosion x XD, i will be using on the exterior from now on.

I use the stabil everytime i fill up, but i use regular gas. If you use non-ethanol gas i guess it would be irrelevant.

Drain plug is a backup to the factory one, works pretty well. snap flip model may be better, buy one and let us know.

Yes two engine oil kits will be necessary to do your boat. 10,50,100,150 hrs oil change intervals, see service mannual.

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Salt away is for flushing the motors, get the kit with the adapter to switch between rinse and salt-away . I dont wash the boat with salt away, i do rinse my motors with it twice a year and also my trailer gets sprayed with Saltaway as soon as i drop the boat in the water at the ramp.

The garden sprayer is for the 656 crc lubricant. it has an articulating head on the wand, that is the only reason i like that sprayer. This allows you to fog your motor and all engine bay components with ease. i apply the 656 twice a year after i clean the motors and aft exhaust locker area. also, i spray all the exterior running gear with it( jet nozzles, steering components ect..) after boat gets washed and dried off. Although, i just bought a gallon of corrosion x XD, i will be using on the exterior from now on.

I use the stabil everytime i fill up, but i use regular gas. If you use non-ethanol gas i guess it would be irrelevant.

Drain plug is a backup to the factory one, works pretty well. snap flip model may be better, buy one and let us know.

Yes two engine oil kits will be necessary to do your boat. 10,50,100,150 hrs oil change intervals, see service mannual.
Thanks again, I have all this by the time I get my boat. I just need a dedicated boat box to store it in the garage in one place.

I plan on taking the boat out that first week in November but then putting her away in the garage for winter. It will be easier working on any updates in the garage as opposed to the boat lift ( drop something in garage I can pick it up, on the lift it’s gone to Daley Jones locker.)

OurCrew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hadn’t heard anything about the Parkit360 powered dolly I ordered and got charged for on my credit card, so I inquired about my order.
and got this

“Hello Eric,

Thanks for contacting us. Your unit is still scheduled for assembly at this time.
We are still within the estimated 4-6 weeks given when you placed your order.
Yes, we were waiting on some parts that just arrived at our shop this morning and production will continue as normal next week.
I estimate your shipment leaving our shop within the next 2 weeks, we'll be sure to update you with a tracking number once it's on the way.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.”

Logo
Caleb Young | Sales Representative
Parkit360 Inc. | 130 Industrial Avenue, Unit 600 |
Carleton Place, Ontario, K7C 3T2 Canada
sales@parkit360.com | www.parkit360.ca
p: (888) 926-5517

So I won’t be putting my boat in the garage next week after I get it Monday but will have it on the canopied lift until the dolly arrives. Plan on making a video when I do park it in the garage for a review of dolly that I can post here.