• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overheating alert?

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195. If the motor is running too hot or getting close to overheating and causing damage, is there any alert or sound or notice on the digital readout?

I was flushing my boat today and had it running at idle, my son turned on the water and all was good, I was on the boat wiping down the seats and looked over and noticed no water coming out. My son turned off the hose and didn't tell me.!! It ran at idle for 2-5 minutes with no water. It didnt make any alert sounds and the engine appeared to be running fine, turned back on the water and it ran for another 5 minutes or so until it was nice and flushed. I am somewhat worried that damage could have been done.....

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Your boat should be fine. see owner's manual p46. Audio and visual warnings would warn you about an overheat.

Bowmax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2017 AR195. If the motor is running too hot or getting close to overheating and causing damage, is there any alert or sound or notice on the digital readout?

I was flushing my boat today and had it running at idle, my son turned on the water and all was good, I was on the boat wiping down the seats and looked over and noticed no water coming out. My son turned off the hose and didn't tell me.!! It ran at idle for 2-5 minutes with no water. It didnt make any alert sounds and the engine appeared to be running fine, turned back on the water and it ran for another 5 minutes or so until it was nice and flushed. I am somewhat worried that damage could have been done.....
Hello, did your motor end up being ok? I had this similar issue happen yesterday on my 2021 FSH 210. Had flush port installed and running, wrong motor was started and my starboard motor ran for around 3 minutes without water. PANICK MODE now. Thanks for the help.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello, did your motor end up being ok? I had this similar issue happen yesterday on my 2021 FSH 210. Had flush port installed and running, wrong motor was started and my starboard motor ran for around 3 minutes without water. PANICK MODE now. Thanks for the help.
Did you end up running both engines?

Bowmax

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you end up running both engines?
I did, everything seemed normal. I actually just put a post up in general discussions. A lot more detail there. Just worried I damaged sensors or something like that.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did, everything seemed normal. I actually just put a post up in general discussions. A lot more detail there. Just worried I damaged sensors or something like that.
Judging by the things I’ve read on this site I doubt it. If the sensors would have gotten hot enough to be damaged the sensors would have thrown an alarm. Three minutes isn’t that long on an idling motor. I was more concerned about the non running engine getting water and not running. Just check the oil in both motors and you should be good to go.

I bought a valve that screws onto the hose at the boat end of the hose that you can screw the flush hose on to. After hooking up the hose, I start the engine that I’m flushing, let it idle for about ten seconds and turn on the water then watch the bypass on the side of the boat for water flow, takes longer on the hose than if in the water. Always start the engine first, then turn on the water. When shutting the engine off, turn off the water first, rap the engine three or four times quickly to 4000 rpm to blow the water out of the muffler and you are done.