• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overton’s life vest customers beware, kudos to Amazon and Costco

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Briefly stated, I bought this life vest / personal floatation device from overton’s online, $75 shipped last week. I decided to return it, this week almost immediately after receiving it, via USPS in the same box it came it (total weight was three pounds). Since there was nothing wrong with the vest and I initiated the return not overton’s, I have to pay the return shipping costs.

The first quote was $73.

I tried to put it in a smaller box sold by usps and the second quote was $43.

I have since decided to keep the vest (I.e., throw it on the pile with the other 30 or so). To add insult to injury the vest went on sale for $20 less this week.

My lesson learned is to never buy a vest from overton’s again. By comparison, I’ve returned several items to Amazon most for free and sometimes I just drop the items off at my local kohl’s department store. Costco is even better, I just bring items directly to a store, no receipt or box necessary and so far I can return almost anything without a time limit. I wouldn’t return any vests there but I recently returned A one year old $400 iSup for a full refund and I returned a four year old sup, my first, for a full refund as well.
B0D2DD03-85A5-47B6-96B8-35DA40BCB540.jpeg

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shipping cost are crazy. Having bought and returned so much with free shipping I’m not exactly sure when it got out of control. I’ve seen many private sale items on here and other interest sites I’d like to buy, but the shipping costs make the total cost irrational.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Ronnie,
Just copied this off Overton's website. I just bought one too and wanted to make sure it didn't go on sale with such a big difference in price like yours.

Hope this may help.

and yes, shipping is RIDICULOUS as an individual.

1616880872526.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@flyingnugget , thanks that does help. The reality is I may wbe ordering some new bunk boards from overton’s soon.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Update: I ordered a replacement vest from Amazon. It was too big so I started and ended the return process with a few clicks. Here is a pic of the vest I got and the response I got back on it regarding the refund. I also can’t repurchase it because they don’t have it in my size.

97C7C685-36F5-49DC-94AB-129B6D233820.png97C7C685-36F5-49DC-94AB-129B6D233820.png

so now I have a vest that I no longer want that I paid full price for and another one that’s too big but also free.It’s funny how things work out sometimes.

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a 4 pack of "Adult Life Jackets" from Overtons. I'm not a big guy, but not rail thin either.....anyway, they are on a shelf, now awaiting a day when we have a handful of kids on board (like, never....). USPS parcel post was going to be around $30.....that's just about what I paid for the jackets.

Amazon for the win on O'brien neoprene jackets. Should have know better on Overtons, but it was outfitting the boat for times that would be few and far between and was trying to save a few bucks.