• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Owner of new to me AR210

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just picked up a one owner 2007 AR210 with 150 hours. This is my first boat. I have been into PWCs the last few years, but have never owned a boat or hand any with MR-1 motors. The boat is going to be primarily used for cruising and towing tubes. Anything I need to be aware of? Anything I should be looking at in the offseason?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations @not2fast . Your family will have a lot of fun together on that boat.
@Scottintexas that thread you created is already helping people.

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank Scott. That link is very valuable.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome @not2fast and congrats on the new boat. Wow, only 150 hours on an 07. That boat is close to new.

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you, everyone. I have been thinking of anodizing the tower black and maybe adding some lights.

When I look at the motors/pumps I get thoughts of changing props/removing ribbons/pluming intakes/etc. I worry if I start there is no place to stop. I am not sure how boats respond to props, but the first thing I always do to a ski is add a prop intake grate, and remove ribbon.

Also saw the wake wedge/swell/wakesurf that looks cool and possibilities of adding blast bags. My daughters are tubers, but GF's kids first questions are can you wake surf behind it. (National Champion Wake Surfer used to live on their lake)

Seriously though I am hoping to keep it simple and enjoy it as is for a season.

Last edited:

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats nice looking boat!

wanna-be-jetter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like from your profile picture that's the boat I had my eye on too, but was never able to get out to look at it! Tough to find a decently priced Yamaha around the Twin Cities. Congrats on purchase!

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like from your profile picture that's the boat I had my eye on too, but was never able to get out to look at it! Tough to find a decently priced Yamaha around the Twin Cities. Congrats on purchase!
I know what you mean. I am pretty happy with the purchase. Previous owner took great care of it.