• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

P0037 - location of post cat 02 sensor?

mbonadio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
My 2020 "new to me" 165 ID threw P0037 code for the famous post cat 02 sensor the first time I took it out out. Annoying! Can someone point me to where this sensor can be found on the engine (photo) and what part number is for sensor. Good place to get one?

I will probably get my dealer to clear the engine light and replace under warranty beause I have to go up there soon for other warranty issues anyway, but for future knoweldge. I will keep a spare on hand if cheap and easy - not worth a 100 mile round trip for easy fixes.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
This is a parts diagram from the 2020, 250HP engine. Part 8 is the O2 sensor. There are two of them. I'm assuming that's what you have. But you can find more diagrams like this here: http://epc.brp.com/

Select Rotax JPS, two letter code representing your engine year (it's in the model number of your engine, but it starts at 2014, so AK = 2020), engine HP, and design type (cat converter, under 17ft)

1635164182760.png

mbonadio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Thanks - I don't have the supercharged model - but looks like the sensor is the same across them.. Looks like it was also superceded with part 461576. Looking for one now. Found one in Denver on a Evenrude site - with same part and a BRP logo - guessing these are pretty standard sensors across platforms.... $75 isn't bad for a spare (given that I would burn $40 in gas alone to take to dealer, and probably a $100 warranty claim fee. Will keep looking to see if I find a cheaper source.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yes, same parts. You can probably find the equivalent Sea-Doo part number as well.. but you'll have to do some digging for that one. I can't comment on purchase locations, I assume you're in the USA. I'm in Canada.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yep! I remember the BOSCH ones being quite popular. I've never had to replace mine. But I'm pretty sure you found a good list there.

mbonadio

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Nice! Bosch are definately cheaper and even available on Ebay! I will get one and try it!

Last edited: